Chapter 4: The Fairy King

"Cya later HelB." Y/n says as Helbram stops walking and crosses his arms, The Grizzly Sin King doesn't know about him, and they'd like to keep it that way.

"Keep your mouth shut." Helbram says.

"So feisty." Y/n replies. "Hey Hendy, you wanna pick up the pace? I'm getting bored." Y/n puts his arms behind his head.

"Right... He is just down this hall." Hendrickson sighs.

"What's with the long face? Already regretting your decision?" Y/n asks.

"I'm just attempting to figure out what your motives are."

"Hm?"

"You stole something, and it turned into you knowing everything about us, it's very strange, is it not?"

"I guess, but I'm used to it by now."

"Your strange behavior?"

"My parents also found it irritating and creepy. They haven't had to teach me a single word in 30 lifetimes." Y/n smiles painfully. "They always give the exact reactions I think they will, I'm able to tell them what they're going to say before they even think of a response."

"That would become irritating." Hendrickson says.

"It isn't my fault, I've just been through it so many times, I know how each decision will turn out because I've made them all."

"Your power, it isn't about being able to tell the future or read minds, is it? It's something on a completely different level, isn't it?" Hendrickson asks as he grabs the door handle.

"If that's what you want to believe, you can believe it." Y/n smiles as the door opens.

"Hm...? Do you need something Hendrickson?" A soft voice asks as they walk into the room.

"Hey Harlequin~ Been a minuet, huh?" Y/n says, causing the floating boy to gasp.

"Wait I know you." The boy lands on the ground in front of Y/n.

"So, I see you didn't listen to me." Y/n's expression fades from the smile he had, into a more serious and kind of darker expression.

"You're that boy I met, 200 years ago, Y/n I believe." Harlequin says, his eyes are widened. Suddenly Y/n grabs the collar of Harlequin's shirt.

"I warned you, and yet, Helbram is still dead, Diane is still alone, the forest is still gone. Did you not believe me? Or did you not care?"

"Y/n! What do you think you're doing!?" Hendrickson goes to intervene, but Harlequin puts his hand up in a gesture to stop him.

"Now, I have to clean up the mess you've made once again, why didn't you listen?" Y/n says.

"I didn't have my memories back-" Harlequin attempts to say.

"You remember my face, why didn't you remember my words?"

"I..."

"Whatever, I'll fix it again." Y/n drops Harlequin and turns around to leave.

"Wait!" Harlequin shouts.

"What?" Y/n turns his head.

"Do... Is..." Harlequin has trouble wording the question he wants to ask. "...Is he alive...? You said something about it back then..."

"Nothing changed." Y/n says before leaves the room, most likely pissed off.

"..."

"200 years ago?" Hendrickson questions.

"..." Harlequin stands up and looks towards the window in his room. "I'd like to be alone now, Hendrickson."

"The more I find out about this kid, the less I truly know." Hendrickson sighs as he follows after Y/n.

...

"That was rather fast." Helbram says as Y/n walks up to him. "You look upset, was Oslo not there?" Helbram jokes.

"No, he was off locating the sins or whatever." Y/n answers.

"Hmm?" Helbram follows Y/n after realizing he isn't going to stop and wait for Hendrickson, Y/n is still a prisoner after all, he can't be left alone.

"I need a drink. HelB! Take me to a tavern!" Y/n whines.

"I'm not buying you a drink." Helbram answers.

"Hm? Why? I thought you loved me~" Y/n smirks, but his eyes still say he's very upset. "Besides I don't have any money, the guards stole it."

"Am I supposed to believe you?" Helbram glares at him.

"Humans aren't trustworthy, yes, I know. But in all reality, Dóchas really is mine." Y/n sighs.

"Yes, but you have lied about where it is several times."

"Hm? Oh, HelB~ Have you been reading my mind with my permission again? You know, that's very dangerous~" Y/n jokes.

"If you know everything about me-"

"Yes, I know, you can only read somebodies heart if you're in your true form, otherwise it takes up too much energy."

"..." Helbram sighs. "What kind of ale do you want?"

"Aberdeen Ale. It's our favorite." Y/n says.

"Very well, then..." Helbram pauses. "I see, another mind game then?"

"Heh~" Y/n laughs. "You catch on quickly."

(For those who don't know, Aberdeen Ale is the Ale made from the barriers of the Fairy Kings Forest.) 

)