Chapter 31

Imani's P.O.V.

"The plane is gonna fly over at exactly 3pm so we can't be late! We have to make it to the backyard on time so pay attention!"  My mom yelled.

Today was our gender reveal. It was only close friends and family because not many people even know that Ryan is pregnant.

My mom, dad and Aubrey are here and my grandparents on my mom and dad's side, my little sister that I never really get to see, Tjay, a few of my teammates and Ryan's family are all coming. 

"I get it ma, we can't be late." I sighed.

We were having the gender reveal at our new house here in Toronto so we had all our family flown in. The idea that my mom and Ryan planned out it that we'd all hangout in the house and backyard and then at 3 o'clock a jet is going to fly over the house and spray either blue or pink to reveal the gender of the baby!

I can't even lie, I'm excited as hell. This is my first child and I'm nervous but I already love my little baby more than anything.

"Ayeeee grandpa Marcus in the house!" I heard my dad yell as he came through the front door

"What's up pops?" I said giving him a hug.

"I can't wait to meet my little grandson!" He said with a huge smile on his face.

"Hi Nini." My little sister Lexi said.

She could never say Imani properly so she just stuck to calling me Nini.

"Hey baby girl, I've missed you!" I smiled as I picked her up in my arms.

Lexi is only five, and I haven't really spent too much time with her since I met her but when we are together we are inseparable. But it is kind of strange to have a child and a sibling so close in age.

"Hey future grandma!" my dad said pulling my mom into a hug!

I could tell that Aubrey was still a little annoyed with my dad and didn't really trust him around my mom, but I know that she loves him way too much to ever risk that for my dad.

"Hi Marcus." She laughed.

"What's up Drake?" Dad said.

Aubrey dapped him and went over to talk to the pilot on the phone that would be doing the reveal.

As we all got comfortable more people started to pour in. A couple of my teammates came with their wives and girlfriends. As well as my uncles Chris and Andre.

"Aye, Imani. Your grandmama is outside. I know this is your first time meeting her but don't be nervous she's going to absolutely love you." I heard my mom say.

I've never met my dad's mom. She still lives in Philly and hates flying so she agreed to take the train to be able to come to the gender reveal.

I went out to the front of the house to greet her when she comes in.