Chapter 23

Its been hours since Imani woke up and Ryan still isn't here. We've all called her multiple times and she hasn't answered, it just goes straight to voicemail. I was starting to worry but I didn't want to worry Imani.

"Yo Baka, can you go over to my place and get Ryan. She must be asleep but I don't want to wait any longer, I gotta see her. I don't want to wait anymore." Imani said.

"Yeah, I got you man."

"I'm gonna go with him. Good to see you up though bro. Stay clean!" Chubbs said as he and Baka left the room.

Once they were gone it was just myself and Marcus sitting next to Imani's bed.

"Guys, I gotta be honest. Earlier I was fighting y'all about rehab, but I'm not gon fight y'all no more. I gotta be real with myself and as I'm sitting here I'm starting to feel like I need my pills, I'm getting anxious and sweaty. Its true, I'm an addict and I need help." Imani said as he put his head down. I could tell he was ashamed and it took a lot for him to be honest and tell me that.

"Thank you, for being honest. I can't imagine how hard this is for you, but I want you to know that you have a huge support system behind you and so many people that love and care for you." I told him as I reached over and held his hand.

"Thanks mom. I know I need it, I'm just scared."

"We got your back Mani, we're here to help you through this. It's our job as your parents to support you. Don't feel bad about yourself or ashamed to tell us things. I'm your dad, if you feel like you can't talk to me I'm not doing my job!" Marcus said on the verge of tears.

This was hitting Marcus really hard because he feels like Imani's addiction is his fault because he wasn't around to raise him. That doesn't make sense to me because I was there, I raised Imani, so everything he's going through must be a result or what I did or didn't do for him!

Aubrey's P.O.V.
I was out grabbing Liyah and Imani a change of clothes from my place when I got a call from Chubbs.

"Yo, I'm at Imani's place and Ryan is missing. Clothes gone laptop and phone gone. All her art is gone too." He said concerned.

"Fuck!" I exclaimed as I slammed the car door and made my way back to the hospital.

"Alright, you keep looking for her I'll break the news too Liyah and Imani." I told him.

Where could she have gone?

I made my way back up to Imani's room. When I got there Marcus was leaving and Imani was apologizing to Liyah again.

"Uh, hey Imani how you feeling?" I asked.

"I'm alright, I just wanna see Ryan. Have you heard from Chubbs yet?" He asked.

"Yeah, so about that. She's not at home, we don't really know where she is. Her stuff is gone. But don't worry I got people looking for her. I know you just wanna talk to her and explain yourself. I'm working on it."

"I gotta go look for her." He said as he tried to get up and leave the room.

I got up and blocked him from getting out the door.

"I can't let you do that Imani just sit back down. I promise you when I find out anything you'll be the first to know."

He's listened to me and sat back down.

I handed Liyah the bag of her clothes and she went into the bathroom to change. While she was in there, I took a seat next to Imani's bed.

"Hey can you go grab my nurse, my chest feels kinda tight when I breath in, I just want to make sure that's normal." Imani asked.