Impossible Possibilities

Depuis le début

'Bill, there is nothing you could have done to stop what happened. The future was already written, and there is nothing you can do to stop the creator's will. Just be glad there weren't any void denizens to maim me,' Izuku said, his attempt to soothe Bill's concern only increasing their anxiety. Aizawa walked in at that moment (he had been listening in from outside the classroom), and pushed any further questions aside. "Alright, everyone, listen up. Today we'll be doing a special hero informatics class," he said, pausing dramatically for special effect. Everyone was clearly on edge and wondering what kind of challenge he would give them this time. 'I'm starting to think he's doing this on purpose.' Bill snickered at Izuku's comment, due to how true it was. "Code names. You'll be coming up with hero names." The classes (sans Bill and Izuku) burst into loud cheering but were quickly silenced by a glare from Aizawa.

" This is related to the pro hero drafts I mentioned the other day. The drafts are usually only handed out to second or third-year classes with more experience. In other words, for them to extend offers to first-years like you shows how interested they are in your potential. This interest can die down depending on your performance. We tallied up the offers, and here they are." Aizawa pressed a red button and a holographic display hovered over the blackboard.

Bill was in first place with 5387 offers, Todoroki in second with 4123, and Bakugou in third with 3556; after that was Ilda with 360, Tokoyami with 301, Kaminari with 272, Momo with 108, Kirishima with 68, Uraraka with 20, and Sero with 14. "In other years, it's been more spread out, but all eyes were on these three this year," Aizawa continued. Kaminari whined out the large gap, Aoyama and Mina blanched at not getting any others, and Kirishima poked fun at Bakugou for losing to Todoroki. Meanwhile, Uraraka was just happy to get offers in the first place and was shaking Ilda in her excitement.

"Keeping these results in mind, whether or not anyone asked for you, you will all be interning with pros. This will be meaningful training for you to see pros at work firsthand." The class began to buzz with excitement. "That explains the hero names!" Sato nodded. "Things are suddenly getting a lot more fun!" Uraraka beamed. "Well, those hero names are still temporary, but if you're not serious about it..." Aizawa said. "... You'll have hell to pay later!" Midnight chimed in, opening the door dramatically. Strutting in, she continued with her speech, "Because a lot of hero names used by students become recognized by society, they end up becoming professional hero names!"

"Well, that's how it is. So Midnight will be making sure your names are okay. I can't do stuff like that," he said, pulling out his sleeping bag. "When you make your hero name, you get a more concrete image of what you want to be like in the future and you can get closer to it. This is what it means when they say, "Names and natures do often agree." Like "All Might", for example." Aizawa finished. Midnight handed out whiteboards to the students for them to write their names on.

"Hey Bill, what do you think our name should be?" Izuku whispered. "Don't worry, I've had this one planned for a while now," Bill cooly replied. It didn't take long for everyone to decide on their names, and Midnight called all of them up to present them to the class. Izuku could tell that most of the class was nervous, but luckily, there were a few who weren't. The first of which is the ever-predictable Aoyama. "Here I go. "Shining Hero: 'I can not stop twinkling'!" he proudly announced. Everyone was appalled at the ridiculous name, and Sato was yelling at him to pick a language as the name was written in English and pronounced in French, despite him being Japanese. "Absolutely not. Aoyama, your name is way too long and there is no way I'm calling you that in the middle of a battle. Can't you sum all that up in maybe a word or two?" Bill snapped. Aoyama looked thoughtful for a moment and then snapped his fingers, "I've got it! 'Magnifique'!" he sang confidently. Bill nodded in approval while everyone else sighed in relief at the name upgrade.