Impossible Possibilities

Comenzar desde el principio

(Nobody POV)

Izuku awoke in his bed with his plushies next to him and a sleeping Bill at the bottom of the bed, gently holding his tiny hand. Izuku felt weird, more... complete. Was it that new ability, or did some of the void come back with him? He thought Ford and Bill had gotten rid of the residue, but it appears there was still more left. It didn't seem like a bad thing, rather, an improvement. It seemed like a new form wasn't the only thing he got out of this. He felt stronger somehow, and he knew he'd be testing that later, but for now, he had more important tasks to complete.

He made an effort to check how things were going in the dreamscape. His absence in the dreamscape had allowed his father to escape and for the nightmares to go haywire. Hisashi was still in the dreamscape somewhere, thankfully, just not in his cell. His reappearance had settled everyone down a bit, but they were still in a frenzy and were taking their anger out on each other. He relocated them all to the simulation rooms with the simple order of "take down the enemy" and made the imaginary robot look like Dipper. They eventually calmed down after a large massacre of fake Dippers and went back to their respective cells, but Hisashi decided to join Izuku in the daycare that night. He wanted to make sure his son was alright. Tad and Bill joined in the cuddle pile soon after.

Everyone slept peacefully that night.

. . .

The next day was a school day. Nezu wanted Bill to stay home for a bit, but Izuku was awake and buzzing with energy now, so Bill decided it was best to spend that energy on something worthwhile. Besides, the offers from the sports festival were finally processed, and Bill was eager to know if anyone important was on their list.

Izuku was humming the main theme song to Dragon Tales while he sat on Bill's head. His appearance turned heads and Bill just knew that there would be more rumors all over the school, but they were more curious of what their classmates would think. Bill would have to keep Mina from trying to squeeze him to his second death again, Tsuyu would probably try to prove him (not that either of them minded), and Momo would likely coddle him. Most of the class would, actually.

Bill opened the sliding door to the classroom and the usual chatter came to a screeching halt. A full three seconds passed before Izuku had to float above them just to avoid the torrent of questions and hugs. "Quit pestering him, I'll answer your questions so just settle down and let me explain," Bill commanded.

They all listened intently to the events of last night that they all missed out on. "Are you okay, bro?" Kirishima fussed. "Yeah, dude. That's, like, two villain attacks in a row. And that's not including the frame-up that happened in the news before the sports festival! It's like every villain in the world is targeting you," Kaminari added. Momo nodded in agreement as the rest of the class stared intently at me in concern. "Well, I am a very powerful and popular salesman. It's only natural that they would be jealous of me. But I've long since gotten used to assassins and robbers. So, it's not exactly new," Bill shrugged. Izuku piped up from his perch, "Yeah, but it's not every day you hear about me being the victim." Bill flinched at that statement.

The True Void was not something even they would wish upon anyone. Knowing that their little Bunny fell into such a nightmarish realm was a painful reminder of their failure. Why couldn't it have been the Dreamscape? Why couldn't they have been faster? Why couldn't they have done better? If Bill had been faster, smarter, and more prepared, Bunny would have never been hit. However, from what they gathered of Izuku's experience in the True Void, the creator would likely found some other way to put him there; or at least use some other method to introduce Izuku to the higher realms of existence. But still, they could have at least done something to make it less traumatic for him.