A Hazy Day.

_-_-_-_-_

'It's not working, I can't get in.

...

That thing there, that must be the reason my attempt failed.

Anyway, she passed out, so I'll stop. 

But, I'll stay closer for now...'

Another voice rings out, unfamiliar once again, yet was heard in someone's dream before. It began as a few incoherent whispers, before it could finally be heard.

"Loose your ambition... to discover the truth.."

'....Who said that?'

_-_-_-_-_

3rd POV

As Paimon flew alongside Aether, she couldn't help but think back to the people they assisted previously compared to these people. "Well, what do you think Aether?"

Aether gave a sigh of frustration. "Isn't it obvious?" He starts as he gazed up at the bright sky. "Ayaka said to help these people, but in all honesty, I feel like I didn't do anything."

The child frowned. "Yeah... Seems like if we don't get their visions back, we can't do anything..." Paimon's mind shifted, as her thought turned towards a certain pyro-loving character. "No wonder Akemi was so nervous about her vision getting confiscated."

The thought of her reminded Paimon how she acted over at Ritou island.

At the time, the duo hadn't fully comprehended the severity of the situation, and had found Akemi's panic at the time a bit, much. Her rapid shaking of Aether had even left him confused but nevertheless he promised to help the girl if it were to be stolen.

However, with their newly gained knowledge of the situation, it was becoming increasingly obvious that Akemi's anxiety had been valid, more so than before.

"All the more reason why we'll help." Aether stated, his tone determined and resolute. He had no intention of turning down Akemi, even if it meant being the enemy of the Shogun.

Paimon gave a nod of affirmation. "Right!"

As the duo continued their journey towards the Kamisato Estate, they walked in a comfortable silence. Their minds were focused on their new task at hand.

Though the silence was shortsighted, for Paimon broke the silence with an excited exclamation. "Hey, isn't that Akemi up ahead?" She pointed to the figure in the distance.

Aether looked to where Paimon was pointing and hummed in recognition. "Yep, that's her! She's heading towards the estate, so she must've helped the person she needed to." 

At Paimon's signal, they quickly ran after Akemi, intending to catch up to her and match her pace. They noticed she was walking slower than she was usually but chose not to comment.

As the approached her, both of them called out to her, hoping to catch her attention. "Hey Akemi!" He called out, waving at her. "We're over here!"

"Huh..?" Akemi turned at the sound of Aether's voice calling to her. When she saw him and Paimon approaching, her usual warm smile was instead replaced by a more subdued and nonchalant expression. "Oh, hey guys. Are you in the middle of your job?" She replied in a flat tone, her eye shifting back and forth from the ground to the duo.

"No actually, we just finished!" Aether corrected, his tone more cheerful and relaxed.

"Really?!" The mage's look seemed to shift slightly, her eyes widening before reverting back to a more neutral mood. "I must've been taking a while with mine then..."