Chapter 33: Chuck is officially a genius

Thomas's P.O.V

Alby's sacrifice did nothing, and I felt Y/N place her arrow back in her quiver and squeeze my hand so hard I thought I'd lose circulation in my arm. While the Grievers were busy with Alby's body, I turned to the Gladers and told them the plan.

"Everyone has to fight the Grievers long enough for Y/N, Chuck and I to get to the Cliff and jump in. We'll put in the code we found in the Map Room, and then... I'm not sure what'll happen, but I know something will."

When I finished, I heard a large moan come from behind me. I turned around and saw the Grievers with spikes poking out of their blubbery bodies and their tails raised.

I found Chuck's hand and squeezed it reassuringly; Same with Y/N. I charged forward with Y/N and Chuck as all the other Gladers sprinted forward. So did the Grievers. As we ran through the chaos of screaming and wailing and moaning and blood, I felt Y/N's grip on me loosen.

When I saw the Cliff, Y/N let go of my hand.

I turned around and screamed, "Y/N!!"

Chuck tugged on my arm and drew my attention over to him.

"C'mon!" He yelled.

I turned my head to Y/N, and saw her fighting Grievers with her bow and arrows. She glanced over at me for a split second with a look that was telling me to go. So I did.

Chuck and I ran over to the edge of the Cliff. He'd had to jump a few feet into the abyss and land in the invisible Griever Hole. Chuck looked down at the endless sky far down below with a look of fear.

"Ready?" I asked him. He nodded. I picked him up and threw him into the endless sky. Thankfully, he disappeared into nothingness and landed in the Griever Hole.

"C'mon!" I heard someone yell behind me. I turned and saw Y/N running over to me. Her quiver only had a few arrows left, her H/C hair was knotted, her black tank top and shorts had dirt and blood smeared on them; So did her face.

"You have to jump into the Hole!" I yelled over the chaos. She nodded. Y/N took a few steps back, then ran at full speed and leaped off the edge of the Cliff, disappearing into the endless sky.

Then it was my turn. I jumped off the Cliff and shut my eyes, waiting to find out what was in the Hole.

When I landed, I heard an oof underneath me. I looked down and saw myself on top of Y/N.

"Get off me, Tom! We have to help Chuck with the code!"

Y/N crawled out from underneath me and ran over to Chuck. He was standing near a computer-like thing, typing in the letters for the code. I looked around the dark room and saw practically nothing except darkness.

I heard someone else land and turned to see Minho standing there with a grim look on his face. I grabbed his hand and led him away from the landing of the Hole. Thank goodness I did, because a dozen Grievers suddenly flew out of the Hole and landed right in front of us.

Minho and I exchanged a look, then let out a battle cry and trudged forward with our spears toward the Grievers.

Your P.O.V.

Chuck and I started punching in the code to the computer. The last word was push, but the computer wasn't letting me type it in.

"Punch it in, Y/N!" Chuck cried.

"I can't!" I yelled back.

I tried over and over to no avail, when Chuck suddenly said to me, "What about this?" He pointed under the computer to a button that said push.

"Yes!" I cried. "Yes! Push it, Chuck!"

Chuck stepped on the button, and everything went silent as the roar of engines and moans suddenly came to a halt.