Chapter 3: Newt saves me from potential death

"I don't give a shuck about what Alby says, we are going to have a Gathering."

Gathering? What's that? A new pool of questions flooded my mind as Minho and the British boy led me to a two story house made of wood. Minho opened the door and threw me on the ground, where I saw two boys patching up Alby's sliced face.

"Great," I heard him mutter.

"Newt, go get the other Keepers. We're having a Gathering about the Greenie." The British boy ran out as I stood up, wiping the dust off my shorts. "I have a name you know," I grumbled angrily.

He scoffed. "I don't give a shuck about your-"

"I don't care!" I cut Minho off. I ran a hand through my hair sighing. "I don't care what you have to say right now. I just want answers."

Minho shared a look with Alby, then glared back at me.

"You'll get your answers soon enough. Well, some of them."

I heard the door open and saw, who I believed was named, Newt.

Behind him were boys who looked to be younger than him. The same blonde boy that I cut with the wood in the Box stepped towards me with a menacing glare. He turned to Alby.

"Why is she here?"

"Because we're having a Gathering about her." Minho answered. All the boys behind Newt stepped inside the building and stood in line beside me, with Alby in front of me, Minho to my left, and Newt to my right. Alby cleared his throat and began to speak.

"As we can all see, the new Greenie has arrived. And it's a girl. I'm not exactly sure why the Creators would send up a female, but I guess we'll have to deal with her. Clearly, she has anger issues, she's violent, and she doesn't belong here, nor does she fit in. So, what should we do with her?"

I was very offended by the way Alby spoke about me. I have anger issues?! I'm unstable?! And just because I'm a girl I don't belong here?! He's just being sexist, I belong wherever I am!

The blonde boy was the first to speak.

"I say we throw her in the Slammer, or Banish her. If the Creators decided to send a girl up then something's wrong with her." He glared at me for a second, then continued speaking.

By that time, my mind was a pool of unanswered questions. I was very afraid of what they would do to me. My chest became heavy and my breathing picked up when I heard him mention 'Feeding me to the Grievers' which didn't sound very good.

What made sweat trickle down my forehead and my throat go dry was that most of the other boys agreed. They agreed! I glanced to my right to look at Newt, and he had a displeased look on his face. I turned to my left and saw Minho, his emotionless expression still laid on his face as everyone started talking.

I don't wanna die were the only thoughts coursing through my head. Finally, after what seemed like an eternity of drowning in my own fear, Newt spoke up.

"Slim it! All of you! Banishing her or throwing her in the Slammer for life is the worst bloody idea I've ever heard! She's obviously just scared; we all were. I think she should still have the tour and get her own hut for..." He glanced at me, looking me up and down. {Gif above} "Privacy. Though, she still does deserve some punishment. After dinner, she goes into the Slammer for the rest of the night. Good that?"

Everyone agreed and left the building. All except for me, Minho, Newt, Alby, and the blonde boy. He just scoffed and glared at me. "You're the worst Glader out of everyone." Minho stepped up next to him and pushed him towards the door.

"Slim it, shank." I chuckled a little and looked at Newt with hopeful eyes. "Thank you, Newt. I really appreciate you saving my butt back there." He nodded and headed out of the building with Minho and the mean boy.

Alby stepped next to me and put his hand on my shoulder.

"Well, let's start the tour, shall we Greenie?"