𝟣.𝟢𝟫: 𝒯𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒'𝓈 𝒶 𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓈𝑜𝓃.

Start from the beginning

They talked for a while, enjoying their time together. Until his girlfriend stopped both of them. "Leo Gabriel. What did I tell you about talking to other women?" She said defensively. "My darling, let me introduce you to Kristel Smith! She's lovely, you'll love her!" Kristel made a slight wave. His girlfriend was judging her, head to toe. Then she smiled. "Miss Smith, nice to meet you!" She gave Kris a handshake. "I am truly sorry for my man for bothering you. Now may you excuse us." She grabbed him by the ear and started dragging Leo away from her. Leo made a wave before they left.

"Good man..." She mumbled. She continued to eat the deserts 'till she was full. She was about to go back to her room when she saw her father with two old ladies by his side. "Papa?" She raised an eyebrow. She's surprised for him to do such a thing, for he was a professional freak. But she shouldn't be surprised, because of the divorce. "Yes, my darling? What do you need?" He smiled warmly. "Ah, no nothing papa. I'll be heading back to bed." Her father nodded once. "I see, beauty sleep is important." He chuckled, and the two girls chuckled with him. She laughed uncomfortably with the three. "I'll... see you, papa." She smiled and left.

She was back in her bedroom. She plugged the earplugs back in, then she began reading a book.

Months passed. Leo left the premises, yet they still kept in contact. Her father was working hard as usual. And Kristel was working harder, just wanting to help her father. 

˚┊❛ March 23, 19██❜┊˚

Her father was on the telephone. She was at his desk, writing a letter. She was eavesdropping on the words he was saying. But she couldn't understand it. "My dear, I'll be excusing myself for a while. Do you mind?" She shook her head. "Thank you, my dear."

And so she heard a quiet slam on the door. She stopped writing and looked around his office. She was alone, in his office, for the first time. Even though she was permitted to work here, she was never really alone. She always had someone with her.

She started looking under drawers, looking at the old dusty books, messing with the decorations. While she was doing her usual shenanigans, she accidentally hit her father's globe. It made a rattling noise.

Rattling

So that means, there must be something inside the globe! That's why the globe has haunted her during her childhood. But what could be in it? Vintage wine? Documents? Anything smaller than the antique globe. She shook the globe once more, making sure she didn't just hear it.

But how to open it? She looks for a button, a lever, something that could hint at its opening. She found nails that closed the globe. If she could find something to use to open it. Yet using the wrong tool will lead to an injury, but she was too curious to know. She grabbed a metal ruler, bending it to mimic a wrench.