𝖍𝖚𝖎𝖙

𝐇𝐨𝐰 𝐝𝐢𝐝 𝐈 𝐠𝐨 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐠𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐮𝐩 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧?

As Athena started getting ready for the day, she decided to ignore her father just for the day.

When she was headed to the grill, she saw Jenna with Elijah and decided to accompany them on this little history mission.

"The old Fell property actually starts just beyond the fence." Jenna started.

"Ah the Fells one of the founding families." He sarcastically said.

"Why the sarcastic tone?" Athena raised her eyebrows at his tone.

"My research showed me that this area was actually settled almost two centuries earlier." Athena coughed at his choice of words making him chuckle, "There was a migration of townsfolk from the Northeast. Um, it was Salem, to be precise."

"Massachusetts? As in the witch trials?"

Elijah nodded at Jenna's question and continued, "Which means the ever-lauded founding families didn't actually find anything."

"Well I bet the men who made a big deal about being founders back in 1860."

Athena nodded her head at her aunt's words, "Men are all trash. They've always been. That's why girls are better."

Jenna chuckled at the girl, "Men are very territorial."

"Yes they are." Elijah was looking past Athena's shoulder making her turn and meet Alaric's eyes.

Jenna turned and stood between the two men while Athena took a step back, "Elijah, this is my friend Alaric Saltzman."

"I got your message about walking Elijah through the property lines. I thought I would, uh, tag along. You know, being a history buff and all. Where to next?"

"History teacher my ass." Athena muttered under her breath making Elijah hide his chuckle into a cough, "I'm pretty curious about the freed slave property owners. Some say the descendants of the slaves are true keepers of American history."

"I only brought the surveys. I've got that list in my car. Just give me a sec." Jenna turned and started walking to her car.

Once Jenna was out of earshot, Elijah turned to Alaric, "Alaric Saltzman. You're one of the people on Elena's list of loved ones to protect."

Alaric scoffed, "Yeah, so is Jenna."

Elijah chuckled, "You don't have to be jealous. I rarely pursue younger women. It's a joke Ric lighten up." He patted him on the arm as he walked away.

"Really Ric? That's a low move even for you." Athena rolled her eyes at the jealous man.

"She's in danger you know."

But she wasn't having it, "No she isn't. This is about you being jealous. And you know damn well you have to tell her about Isobel so she can trust you again."

And with that she turned and headed to Jenna's car.

-

The minute they entered the grill, Damon started, "Hi!"

"Hey guys." Jenna said enthusiastically.

"I heard you three had quite a meeting of historical minds." Damon wiggled his brows at them.

Jenna smiled, "Yeah. I guess you could say that."

Alaric cleared his throat as he got up, "Well as much as I would like to continue I have papers to grade."