Lady Luck (Chapter 15)

-Present-

Cain Salvador

I immediately close the office door to keep my pestering assistant away.
My brows furrowed and exhaustion waves in me as I stare at the pile of documents resting on the desk.

'I guess I should be getting used to this by now'

The thought of me handling this big company runs in my mind as I circle the table and sit on the CEO's chair, this used to be my father's and because he was a hypocrite, it's now mine and his new resting place is currently six feet underground.

It's not long before chatters and thuds emerges outside the office and my wooden door flies open, my assistant follows behind the man who's responsible for all this irritating noise.

"Sir, I tried to stop him" my assistant pants. This job is already eating him inside-out but the poor lad doesn't even seem to notice.

"I told you, he won't mind!" Another irritating sound cuts through my ear drums and I can't say it's refreshing to hear my brother's voice.

"You're late." I utter, not sparing him a glance as he makes himself comfortable on my couch.

"Since your boss keeps his alcohols classy, get me one of the best scotch you have." He directs to the staff and my assistant looks at me for approval which I reply with a nod.

"Since when did you land in New York?" I ask. I know he's been running around the city.

"About two weeks ago." Vinn shrugs, like he didn't just ignore me for that span of time he was here. For god's sake, we were in the same city and I didn't hear a word from him except the message through the staff at the golf course.

I fold the laptop and set aside the documents. My fingers entwined as I look at him.
"So why are you here? Want more money? I thought dad gave you a black card."

Something exciting must've popped in his head judging by how he spat out the expensive scotch he troubled my assistant for.

"RIGHT! So the crazy thing is, the day I landed in New York, I went to a night club a friend of mine recommended-"

I cut his yapping off with a sigh, assuming he got into another trouble the second he landed in this city.

"What the fuck was that for?? Listen! So, I met this hot chick, big boobs, pretty face, you know. We had a great time at the club and of course, I ended up fucking her but that's not the point! The next day, I left her a note with my name on it but I was so wasted that I forgot to ask for her name. I haven't been able to fuck other bitches for two weeks..!" He dramatically waves his hand around while continuing to narrate his "creativity".

I guess Idiocracy runs in our veins, I still can't believe I haven't found her yet.

"Anyways, my dear, most loved and Idolized older brother..help me find this girl." The atmosphere around vinn suspiciously got innocent as he tries to flatter me with his words.

I scoff and grin, of course I'm going to answer something shitty that can burst his bubble "No."

Vinn stands up from his seat and strides towards me, standing on my side before exclaiming "WHY?!"

I answer him with a sigh "I'm busy. Go find her yourself, dickhead."

"I just need your help, then I'll get out of your hair." He thinks that offer must be a one of a lifetime I expected from him. But I'm not stupid. besides, it's true that I'm busy.

I stand up and pat his shoulder before walking past him and bringing myself to pour a drink "Why don't you just fuck your worries away like you always do? you'll forget about her eventually."

Vinn raises his hands to his head and arches back in frustration "You really think I haven't done that shit??"

I groan, annoyed. Vinn ended up spending the whole day trying to convince me to help him with his 'lost romance', at least we finally got to have that bro time.

The next day. After a full day of shits and curses, I can finally rest my head, or so I thought. My mood immediately changes into a more foul one as vinn pesters me again with his arm around my shoulder, we were both around the same height but I guess I'm an inch taller.

"What's up?" Vinn greets with a wide smile plastered on his face. It's a good thing both our parents were good looking or he would've been easily called out looking like an ugly creep.

I massage my temple in frustration as I smack his hand away. "Shitty day."

Vinn looks at me for a moment and he thinks this is the time for his 'specialty' "How about we go somewhere cool? I just got entrance for an exclusive and classy bar, it usually takes months to book this kind of place but the brother of this girl I used to have a fling with somehow got me two tickets."

He laughs "fucker must've thought bribing me with shit can make me go on a second date with his sister."

I sigh at him, but the more I listen to his words, the more I'm eager to catch up with my brother. So despite the tiredness, I dressed up and went to this place with him.

Neither of us knew this place was so fucking grand. Red carpet, staff everywhere and you can almost recognize everyone whose here. Chairman on the left, Mayor on the right.

What the actual fuck?

I glance at the scenery around me while Vinn goes to chat with his friends, preferably those who brought ladies with them. At this point, he's gonna end up having enemies everywhere for constantly hitting on other man's women.

To my right side, there's a huge stage with strippers dancing on poles, only these women look like literal runway models.

To my left side, there's a door leading to a huge casino hall where I was about to enter until I got pulled by vinn.

We ended up going straight through the lobby and a huge door opened, giving us access to another spectacular hall. This time, you can definitely sense the atmosphere is a bit more classy. There are no loud music but instead jazz fills the air from the live stage performance across the bar.

We ended up going into another room, but this time the halls were more narrowed. They undoubtedly had tighter security here, seeing the huge bouncer near the door.