Storm

Cat Noir detransformed into the open ocean and swims back home, unaware that strange electric eels are spying on him and have eyes like cameras by their mistress watching him through their eyes.

"Ahhh....the prince has been away again at the surface" A strange mermaid with a lionfish-like tail.

3 years ago she was known as a pathological liar and King Gabriel exiled her forever trying to go near his trident. Adrien never met her because he had been kept hidden a lot by his father and she sure wanted him for herself.

"That father of his will pay for exiling me! One way or another, I know his son means so much to him. He's too much like his mother. Animals!" She shouted at the air bubble orb to get the eels' attention.

They both swam down to her, "Bring the prince to me!"

"Yes, mistress," They all said.

"Excellent, the trident will be mine," The mermaid said.

-

Adrien was being ranted by his father again like always. Nathalie can see that the stubborn king is being way too hard on his son.

"You went to the shipwrecks again? Nearly eaten by a shark?! It's dangerous out there, my son!" King Gabriel said.

"But I survived, father. I'm sorry. I'm here in one piece" Adrien nearly argued.

"I do worry, this obsession with humans has to stop," King Gabriel said.

"I just need to know more about them" Adrien replied.

"You don't need to know anything!" His father turns away.

"You won't let us go to the surface" Adrien swam up to him.

"Why do you need to be so strong-minded? Just like your mother" Gabriel sighs.

"I'm her son," Adrien said.

"Yes, foolish enough to be taken with a human world" Gabriel replied.

"If you would have tried to understand," Adrien said.

But his father turns around sharply, "I have tried to understand you long enough. But as long as you live in my ocean you will obey my rules. Do you understand that?!"

Adrien does not like this at all and he swims out of the throne room, angry with his father being too hard on him again.

"He's too stubborn," He said to himself.

"No kidding," Plagg said.

Adrien swims outside the kingdom to head to his secret location. Inside he kept every surface object he could get his hands on, from jewelry, kitchen wares, globes, etc.

"Whoa, what is all this?" Plagg flies everywhere.

"Every item I got, straight from the surface" Adrien picks up a fork.

"And it's a hobby?" Plagg said.

"Yeah. Something like that. I wonder what these are used for. Kinda small for a trident" Adrien examined the fork.

"Never seen that. Maybe to brush your hair? A weapon? Poke someone's eye out?" Plagg guessed.

"I suppose" Adrien tried combing but it didn't do much, "I just don't see things the way he does, Plagg. And neither does he see mine"

"Can you also sing like a merman? If the humans are correct, you definitely can sing" Plagg asked.

"I used to but that was a long time ago," Adrien said and swam to the book collection, turning the pages of a man and woman dancing illustration, "My mom was the best singer with her beautiful voice and it passed down to me. Now it's forbidden and I never sang again. I would give anything to sing to someone"