25: Familiar

Aisha's pov 🌺
Saturday, 8:10 am

"Anthony, how come you haven't taken your wife here lately?" Mom asked. I stayed quiet and continued to eat.

"Uh, she's been busy, mom." Anthony reasoned. Mom frowned. "Aww, such a shame." Anthony sighed. "Don't worry, mom. We're fine."

"Good, I thought you guys divorced since you weren't wearing the ring for a while." Mom pointed out while chuckling. We stayed silent and we chuckled awkwardly.

"I'm so silly, I thought you divorced her for your best friend...what his name again? Tom, yeah. You've been hanging out with him a lot." Mom said. Anthony sighed

"Hey, Scarlette...is your boyfriend, Damien coming with you at that party?" Mom changed the topic. Scarlette blushed. "Mom, he is a friend that is a boy not a friend." Scarlette corrected.

"Also he will be going with me." Scarlette added. I sighed. "Hey, Jax is coming over today. You should get to know him more." I groaned.

Again with Jax.

"I'm not interest in him, mom." I mumbled but she ignored me. "Jax is such a nice man. Much better than that Belladonna." Mom continued.

"Her name is Elvia." I commented. "I'm saying honey, you deserve better. Jax is a very handsome man too." I placed back down my fork and looked at my mom.

"You and Jax would make a wonderful couple! Imagine the little kids you and Jax would make." Mom persuaded.

"I don't want Jax, Mom please. Stop meddling in our lives!" I stated.

"Aisha Samantha Windsor, how dare you speak to me like that." Mom shouted.

This time I didn't flinch.

"Mom, stop meddling in our lives like a nitpicker. I'm tired of it." I started.

"Stop it. It's so hard to be perfect for you."

"I never asked you to do that." She retorted. "You don't ask but show and tell. 'Look at Ms. Robert's kid she has a boyfriend and her grades are high you should be like her.'" I mocked.

"Aisha that's enough." Dad ordered.

I groaned and left the dining area. I sat on my bed, looking down as tears started to well up my eyes.

I felt my bed sink. I looked up and saw my dad. "Aisha..." He started.

"Are you going to punish me for talking back?" I mumbled, wiping my tears away.

"No...I'm here to say I'm sorry." He said, making me look at him. He sighed and placed his hand on my shoulder in a reassuring way.

"I'm sorry that I've been excusing your mother's horrible actions. I'm sorry I haven't been a good and present dad for you guys."

"A little bit too late." I said. I don't really hate my dad in general but I hate that he just stood there while our so called mom continued to hurt us.

"I know...I want to earn your forgiveness. I'm divorcing your mother." He announced, making my eyes widened.

I stared at him with surprise and disbelief. "This is just one step to earning your forgiveness. I love you and I hope you'll forgive me some day."

I sniffed and pulled him into a well-deserved and warm hug.

☆♪♪☆
2 months later...
Friday, 9:10 am: Graduation day

The past two months flew by quickly like a piece of paper airplane.

My dad and mom are still sorting out their divorce. Dad kicked out mom and our life was a lot more peaceful.