16: Compassion

Aisha's pov 🌺
Friday, 10:01 pm

I decided to skip the party for Elvia and we were in my singing out loud songs from the radio. "Sex, money, feelings, die!" Elvia sang. "Baby don't you cry!" I sang using a brush as a mic.

We laughed and continued singing. She was laughing. Good, we were making progress on making her feel better.

"Where do you wanna go?" I questioned. "To the convenience store, please." Please? Aww, the way she said it was so adorable. "Aww, you're wish is my command, baby."

"That's so cliche." She mumbled. "I heard that," I said which made her slightly smile.

"You literally say that whenever we have sex." I pointed. "That's why I said cliche." She retorted which made me roll my eyes.

We arrived at the brightly lit structure. "We're here," I said. I turned off the engine and left the car. We entered the store and I saw Elvia walk up to the chips.

"Ohh, sour cream." I took the sour cream Pringles. "Don't forget the cheese." She said. "Is that your favorite flavor?" I asked. "Yup."

I saw the barbeque flavored Pringles and I scrunched in disgust when I remember my first time eating barbeque flavored Pringles. It was horrible.

We also got some bread and beverages. We paid and then went to the car.

We drove back to the hospital.

"Hey everyone, we brought food," I said as we entered the room. Brooklyn was already awake and Elvia's whole family was there. I started to feel nervous.

"Oh my god, are you the famous Aisha Windsor?" Brooklyn said excitement sparking in her eyes. "I wouldn't say famous but yeah I'm Aisha Windsor." I smiled.

"My sister talks about you all the time!" She said making me divert my attention to a red-faced woman. I grinned. "You talk about me?"

"Maybe..." She shyly muttered. I started to get to know Elvia's family more and we talked a lot. I felt a sense of belonging with Elvia and her family. I kinda felt like I was loved.

Was that weird to say?

I saw Elvia smile more. Which was great. Though I still have plans for us tonight so we bid our farewells to her family.

We drove to her house and she showed me her painting studio. It was filled with so many amazing works made by her. Some were not yet done and some were done but either way, they were pretty.

"Your works are so pretty," I mumbled genuinely mesmerized. "Thank you, princess." A certain painting caught my and I walked towards it. A woman was painted on the canvas and she looked kinda like me.

She was sitting on a familiar bench with people surrounding her but they were blurred out. "This is beautiful."

I saw an open sketch pad and it showed the same woman from the canvas that looked like me but this time she was half naked. Her arms covered her naked breast while she wore panties. She had the same silhouette as me

She had my moles on the collarbone and neck. She had the small tattoo on my stomach. Her hair flowed beautifully on her shoulder.