0 | What Awaits

T H E   P R O L O G U E

T H E P R O L O G U E

🛸

—THE PAST—
THE WAVERIDER,
somewhere in space
September, 8, 2034

The Legends of Tomorrow were exhausted as some dragged their costumed bodies to their respective rooms, a routine after every mission.

Sara Lance barely had the energy to remove her headpieces and jewelry in her hair from her day impersonating a princess in time whose name she couldn't remember. She was sprawled on her bed comfortably, thinking over the days mission, thankful they had managed to pull off a couple shenanigans meanwhile without disrupting the timeline whatsoever, all in a days work.

Knowing Rory was in the eating area of the Waverider, most-likely already dosing down a couple beers with Charlie, Sara called out to Gideon.

"Gideon!" She mumbled against her pillow.

"Yes, Miss Lance?"

"Tell Rory to get me a beer...or two. Or three...I dunno," Sara asked, waving her limp hand as she spoke.

"Perhaps a six pack will satisfy you, Miss Lance."

Sara smiled into her pillow at the intellegience's teasing tone. She raised a thumb to the air and smirked, "Like how you think Gideon."

"Of course, Miss Lance."

With that, Sara couldn't fight her heavy eyes no longer. Soon she was asleep, the faint taste of future beer keeping her dreaming.

A couple moments later. The sound of a boom tube woke Sara from her slumber. She slowly opened her eyes.

"Rory why'd you have to burp so loud? Gimme the beer," she muttered, getting up from her bed groggily just as Ava Sharpe came out of the bathroom, newly showered and dressed in pajamas, a gun already pointed towards the door.

Sara immediately became alert, every ounce of drowsiness gone, she reached for a knife, tucked strategically in her dress.

She didn't quite understand who it was in front of her...and what the heck was on his head.

Sara frowned and look at Ava who sighed in relief as she recognized the child coming out of the portal, raccoon snuggled on his head like a hat, his arms crossed, clad in the same uniform Sara remembered Rip Hunter used to wear. He had an annoying frown on his face like he didn't want to be there.

"Umm, who the hell are you?" Sara asked.

Ava groaned, "This is Corky Baxter. Rip Hunter's annoying little protégé."

"You know I hear you, clone," Corky sneered, referring to Ava true origin.

Ava gasped, "Wha-at I'm a real woman! regardless of what time I'm from and what I was created for..." she trailed off, offended. Sara rubbed her shoulder.