3.33 - How To Court Bing Shi? - Downfall of Humanity

Start from the beginning

· · ───────── · ⊱❈⊰· ───────── · ·

During the trial, the rain hammered the ground like a salvo of bullets. It carried away the groans of pain inside the tents.

Bing Shi sat on her bed, tears streaming down her face as sweat clung to her cheeks. She clenched her head, attempting to silence the tormenting voices inside her mind. Her body wasn't given any mercy either; as if uprooted from the base and subjected to the slashing fangs of a venomous serpent, its venom coursed through her insides like a burning fire.

Waiting for the right time, she crushed a pain-nullifying pill. With five minutes of respite, she made her move, dashing toward a tent where soldiers sought shelter. Entering, she scanned for signs of consciousness amidst the men, most with their eyes tightly shut.

In a bid to make her presence known, she called out, her voice piercing through the clamor, "Would you like me to capture a picture of you?"

"No!"

Satisfied with the response, she moved on to check other tents.

Yi Zen convinced Fu Lian to join him, and Bing Shi suppressed a giggle when she saw Fu Lian mimicking pain through Kuro's eyes.

Lastly, she visited Ziek's tent, "Hello? Hello?" With no answer, she entered cautiously, only to find Ziek awake, "..."

'Can someone tell me why is he awake?'

Ziek placed his gun on the bed calmly, meeting her gaze.

Bing Shi studied him curiously, noting the reddish hue on his face and the veins bulging on his forehead, "You are not hurting?"

"I've faced worse," he replied nonchalantly. If an average person could survive, so could he.

"Have you endured torture before?" she asked, her curiosity got the better of her.

Ziek paused for a moment, a smirk forming as he considered her avoidance of being alone with men. "To some extent," he admitted. After all, it wasn't completely untrue.

"Then... enjoy the 'torture'; this should be the last one," she waved playfully, ready to move on, "Bye-bye."

Left alone, Ziek reclined on his bed, chuckling softly. It had been a while since he had a conversation with grandma.

Bing Shi returned to her own tent, ready to continue enduring the trial. In the eyes of others, Kuro was her source of strength. Unbeknownst to her, she was about to face a level of pain that far surpassed what others had experienced.

'~You're lucky...To be able to survive.'

'So what?'

'It still hurts like hell!'

While grappling with the overwhelming pain, Bing Shi repeated to herself.

'~Think of something nice.'

'I can't even think!'

'~Then ignore the pain.'

'AAAAAARRRRRGH! FOR THE SAKE OF SUPERPOWERS! ENDURE!'

╔═════Mini Theater══════╗

° A reporter asked the pair sitting before her, "How did you court Bing Shi? Or was it Bing Shi who courted you?"

° Bing Shi hid her giggle behind her palm.

° Xuan Mu responded with a soft chuckle, "That's classified information."