Bocchi...

We haven't talked in quite a bit. I never see her in school. And whenever I feel like messaging her since you know, we haven't talked that much, I never know what to say.

Saturdays and Sundays are the only days I'm off from work. Today's Saturday and It's currently 4pm with no sign of the day going any slower. But suddenly my phone vibrates.

A notification?

Probably a youtuber uploaded a new video. I check my phone for what the notification could be, but it was the last thing I expected it to be.

Bocchi?

Hitori: Are you availabe right now? I need to tell you something in person. 4:03 PM

What do you need to tell me? I was planning on staying home for the rest of the day. But this is completely unexpected! Of course I'm free!

Y/N: Yeah I'm free! Where do you wanna meet at? 4:04 PM

Hitori: Is by the park okay? 4:04 PM

Y/N: Yeah that's perfectly fine. I'll start getting ready. 4:05 PM

Hitori: Okay. 4:05 PM

Welp, change of plans. I'm going out I guess. Just what does she have to tell me that's so important that we need to talk in person? The thoughts are endless but there's only one way to find out.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I get ready and arrive at the park in the span of 15 minutes and take a seat on the swings. Why am I getting kinda nervous. This feeling is like when your parents call you saying we need to talk, and you think it's the worst case scenario but it's just about dinner or something.

"Y-Y/N-Kun..."

"O-Oh hey Bocchi-chan! What's up? What could be so important that you had to tell me in person?"

She faces her head downwards avoiding my gaze as she slowly walks over to the swing next to me.

"W-Well... it's two things. First off..."

Bocchi takes a deep breath.

"H-How have you been? It's been a little bit... B-But that makes sense! We've all been working really hard!"

"Yeah, you're right about that. It makes us really busy though. Me and Ryo have been doing pretty good at work. How's work been with Kita-san?"

She looks towards the ground.

"A-About that... the second thing I wanted to tell you is..."

Oh no, what now?

"I... I got fired..."

"WHAT?"

Fired? What the hell happened?

"T-the manager said customers complained about my work efficiency so... he had to let me go..."

I grit my teeth and clench my fists.

Dammit...

If I worked with her things would've been different. I could've helped her out. I even told myself I would help her, she used to be just like me. But no, I got too nervous to talk to her because I never knew what to say.

You're not the only introverted one Bocchi.

"I-I'm sorry... if I wasn't so bad at talking to people... I would've still had the job... I didn't mean to let you down..." Bocchi says while sinking into the swing seat.