six

can you just give the nerd the map so we can move on?( season four, episode fifteen )

( season four, episode fifteen )

the group of five had made it to a road with three cars. as abraham and layna walked up to one to check it, a walker jumped at the window startling the two.

"jesus christ, that scared the shit out of me." layna said while holding her chest, "that's something you never get to used to."

"got that right," abraham nodded to her in agreement. he pulled out a knife and looked towards rosita and eugene, "you got him? i got her."

layna stepped out of the way so abraham could deal with the walker, but stayed near by just in case. he stabbed the walker through the neck and dragged the body out of the way.

"hey, kaia, come here sweetheart," layna called out to her daughter who was sitting against one of the cars. when kaia heard her name her head popped up and instantly she ran towards her mother. "let's grab our bags and put them in the trunk, okay?"

"okay, mommy." she smiled at her mother and ran to where their bags were sitting. they didn't have much, but they weren't complaining, it got them this far.

as kaia was putting their bags in the car, layna walked over to rosita and eugene who were arguing over a map. "what the fuck are you two doing?"

"this moron thinks he can navigate," rosita shook her head in disbelief, "remember thompson?"

"i'm formally requesting a straight up do-over on that one. i guided us here from houston to northern georgia with incident."

abraham stepped towards him as eugene was finishing his sentence, "i wouldn't say without incident."

"minimal incident."

"still debatable." layna spoke up, pointing a finger at eugene, "extremely debatable."

"navigation wise at least?"

"fine."

rosita and eugene had a mini stare off before eugene finally spoke, "please, i cannot abide a reality where you were the chosen navigator over a son of the south who has successfully negotiated the travails and vagaries of journeys both and and virtual."

"okay, can you just give the nerd the map so we can move on?" layna begged, "i'm ready to sit down."

rosita nodded her head and handed eugene the map, "alright. we're going north, got it?"

_________________________________

"turn left up here."

"this is the third left turn you've made me make in the last five minutes. you're lost."

"i'm not."

rosita had been driving for the past ten minutes while eugene was giving shitty instructions. everyone in the back of the car was extremely squished together, and layna didn't know how abraham was sleeping with the two bickering in the front. and the constant left turns.

"if you're lost please just tell me. the gas in this tank is worth more than your ego."

"if you wanna talk fuel efficiency we would talk—"

"we are not rolling up the windows! it smells like a damn carcass in here."

eugene suddenly yelled at rosita to stop the van startling the two girls in the back, who looked to him in surprise. rosita slowed to a stop before looking at him with disbelief, "why are we stopping?"

as the two started arguing again, layna looked down to her daughter and make a crazy gesture, mimicking the two in the front. kaia giggled and looked out her window, as did layna, tuning the bickering duo out.

suddenly abraham screamed as eugene lowered his seat down onto him, efficiently waking the man up. "why the hell are we stopped?"

"if they made it out of the tunnel, they'd be somewhere around here."

everyone in the car looked at him in disbelief, "you're kidding me, right?" he looked over to rosita and suddenly started yelling at her too, "what's your problem?"

"my problem?"

"you're the one in the drivers seat. you're the one who put your damn foot on the brake."

"he told me to stop!"

"you don't stop! you never stop!"

"um mommy?"

"yes kai?"

"is that glenn and tara?"

"oh, fuck me." she whined tilting her head up, "guys."

they all continued arguing, so layna yelled. "guys! look."

_________________________________

staring at the walkers in front of her, she raised her gun as abraham shouted, "get down!"

everyone started shooting the walkers at once, watching as they all started to fall to the ground. there was something about killing walkers that was always satisfying to layna.

as she shot the last one, she lowered her gun and watched as glenn slowed turned, revealing himself and tara. he stared in disbelief at a woman walking toward him, and layna quickly came to the conclusion that this was maggie. the maggie.

watching as they reunited should've brought her joy, but she felt nothing but emptiness knowing she'll never get the same reunion. that he was probably out there dead. she felt rosita wrap an arm around her shoulder and pull her in. resting her head on the latinas shoulder, she took a deep breathe and mumbled, "i love you."

"love you too, princesa."

the duo turned around to find somewhere to rest for the night, and watched as a man from the end of the tunnel walked towards them. they were about to get out of the way, thinking he was trying to find his friends, but then he mumbled out layna's name.

"what?" she furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, "do i know.. you.."

she trailed off in disbelief as she stared at the man's face. the beautiful features she'd never fail to recognize, the man she'd grown to love over the years, "lake?"

_________________________________

a/n

as usual, this is not proofread so forgive any mistakes i made!!

it's a little early to introduce new characters already, but i was too excited
for lakes character and couldn't help myself 😭

ALSO please ignore how crazy the gif looks, she moves a lot in it and i wasnt sure how to crop it...

anyways sorry for the short chapter, i hope you all enjoy this ❤️❤️