three

can't force that on someone( season four , episode eleven )

( season four , episode eleven )

the car ride after was thankfully not as awkward, though it was still filled with uncomfortable silence. that didn't stop kaia from singing random songs her mother taught her.

"so i tuck you in, turn your favorite nightlight on," the young girl hummed, making her mothers lip curl upwards, "to you everything's funny."

noticing movement in the corner of her eye, layna looked over and noticed the man with them had finally woken up. he was looking around confusedly, not that she could blame him.

"hey, don't move," tara reached her arm out, putting her hand on his shoulder to stop his movements. she grabbed a bottle next to her and started opening it, "here's some water."

"where are we?" he questioned, his voice was slightly hoarse from just waking up.

"i don't know," tara sighed, "we were fighting biters and you passed out right after we left the prison. i didn't know what to do."

the man was now pushing himself up frantically, and noticed two random girls watching him curiously. "who are you?"

"layna."

"kaia"

he stared at them confusedly until his face lit up like he remembered something, he snapped his head over to tara and started frantically questioning her, "did we pass a bus? on the road, did we pass a bus?"

"yeah." all three girls answered, making him look at each of them individually before he looked to the girl he trusted most.

"what did you see?" he asked, only getting a nervous stare in return. this did nothing to ease his mind, and he started getting louder, "what did you see?!"

tara looked back and forth, not wanting to make eye contact with him.

"they were all dead," the blonde answered for her, knowing the situation would only get worse with silence.

the korean turned his body to now face layna, deciding he'd get better answers from her, "how long since we passed it?"

"three hours? maybe?"

the man's face blanked while his head started tilting downwards, then turned around to tap on the truck window, trying to get the attention of the three in front, "hey. hey! stop the truck!"

the only answer he got was a middle finger, making him bang even harder, getting desperate.

"hey! numbnuts," tara joined him, also slamming her fists against the window "stop the truck!"