Chapter 7: Inner Strength (Part 1)

"It's a pleasure to have you here... Yapool," Sly bowed.

The alternate-dimensional man didn't look at Sly, but at the Emperor, "Even though you've defeated the Ultra Brothers, my hatred will still live on!"

The Emperor began to speak chillingly, "I know about your little... quarrel with the Ultra Brothers."

"What...?! How dare you reduce my battle with the Ultra brothers sound like child's play!" Yapool stammered, "My battles are--!"

"Yes, yes, how amusing..." The Emperor chuckled, "That's why I've invited you here. You have the most potential of any alien here."

He could hear Sly clear his throat but ignored him, "I wanted to show you something..." He looked at Sly who snapped his fingers.

The large screens on the walls flickered to life, illuminating a fierce battle between two otherworldly beings. Yapool recognized Bemular with a start, How could he forget the monsters he used? But soon the opponent on screen became clear.

"This is..." Yapool turned to the Emperor.

"Ultraman Zero, a descendent from the Land of Light," The Emperor stated, "I have given this opportunity to defeat the remaining member of the Land of Light, and once you finally have defeated him, you will be my right-hand superbeing."

"I... need more data about this Ultra," Yapool said standing firm, "I want to be the one setting him up not the other way around."

"We have some fighting data and his relationships with his classmates," Sly answered.

"Classmates? How young is this Ultraman?" Yapool asked.

"He's about 5,200 years old in human years," Sly answered pointing at the screen, "I wouldn't go too easy on him though, he's been trained by the Ultra Brothers."

"I wasn't going to go easy on him! I don't care about how young or old he is, as long as he exists, I'll continue to exterminate any relation to the Ultra Brothers!" Yapool declared with the hatred in his voice echoing through the room.

"Good, I presume as one of the bigger threats to the Ultramen, you have a plan?" The Emperor asked, his tone changed a bit.

"Yes..." Yapool looked at the screen, "Eijiro...Kirishima... this boy will do nicely for my plan..."

1 DAY LATER AT THE HOSPITAL:

"Please leave a message after the beep..."

*BEEP*

"Kirishima? It's me Zero, I'm going to be late since I was visiting Kana. I'll explain more once I get there, but know I'll be late," Zero said through the phone, "Do you need me to buy anything? Like punching bags or whatever those things are called that go on your hands? I think they sell those things at--"

"You've reached the maximum time to record your voicemail, please try again later..." The calm robotic voice interrupted.

Zero placed the phone back, "Stupid human technology... why do their communication devices have such a short time limit?"

"Do you have to go now?" Kana whined as she bumped Zero's leg.

"Yes, Kana, don't worry though! I'll come back," Zero replied having a warm feeling inside of him. He's always liked protecting small innocent creatures and Kana was one of them.