Vol. 4 Chp. 3: More Problems Arise

Comenzar desde el principio

Manabe's POV

Yeah, I know why. You stole a pair of panties, you pervert. I'm rude and an asshole, but it looked like he had been through hell.

It's strange... Rika doesn't believe he would do anything like that, and she barely knows him.

...

...

...

Wait, what's on my lap?

I glanced down and was ready to punch the young man until I heard soft snoring.

I gritted my teeth and held back from yelling. At least they aren't here to witness this.

"We have returned, cold-hearted queen!"

Fuck!

I whipped around to see Saki, Nanami, and Rika enter the room.

Their eyes widened as they stared at me in silence.

"It's not what it looks like, dumbass," that directed to Saki.

A smug smile formed on Saki's face, "Really? Because it looks like you're giving Kagurazaka-kun a lap pillow."

"Can you believe it, Nanami-san? The cold-hearted queen's heart is melting! It's a miracle!" Saki announced.

I even heard Rika let out a soft giggle... Damn it... I'll have to endure the teasing!

Rika is looking slightly better after the incident.

"So, what were you two doing alone?" Saki asked, skipping over to her bed and belly-flopping onto it.

"Maybe they were kissing," Nanami giggled behind her hand.

This is all this bastard's fault!

"One more word out of you, I'm going to lose it," I glare at them, which causes Nanami and Saki to giggle while Rika wears a soft smile.

Damn it... I don't want to ruin Rika's mood right now...

~Timeskip~

Ayanokouji's POV

It was already late when I returned to my room, and I collapsed on the bed without talking to anyone. Once, it was close to 00:00, so I thought I'd sleep, but then I heard a noise. It was Hirata who was staring at me anxiously. Yukimura, too, was sitting on the sofa installed in our room.

"Good work out there, Ayanokouji-kun. You're pretty late," he said to me. 

"Yeah. Speaking of which, I wanted to ask you something, Hirata," I tell him. 

"You must be tired, but if you're okay with just a while, I'd like to ask you something," Hirata tells me the same thing at the same time as me. 

"Hmm? You wanted to ask me something, too?" Hirata asks me.

"No, I'll listen to you first, Hirata. My question is just something trivial," Yukimura also looks like he wants to ask something related to the exam at hand. 

If I don't listen, the atmosphere might get awkward. I change into my jersey and sit on the sofa beside Hirata. I planned to ask about Sakayanagi, but it's better to listen first.

"I got asked for consultation on the exam from Yukimura-kun, so I thought I'd report it to you as well," Hirata tells me, "I did say not to include you, not to disturb you, though," he added. 

I suppose Kouenji, in the same room as us, would not be interested in such a talk. "Sorry, Hirata Boy, I am currently perfecting my physical beauty," Kouenji said.