Part 14

Mark stormed out of the office and sprinted to the elevator. He pressed the button that took him to the maternity ICU floor. As he approached Callie's room he slowed himself trying not to frighten Arizona as she slept on the couch near Callie's bed. He gently shook Arizona. 

"Mark? Are you okay? Is it Sofia?" Arizona asked groggily.

"Come with me." Mark gently on her arm.

"Mark. You're scaring me." Arizona was still confused from sleep but saw the look in his eyes.  "Okay. But Callie shouldn't be alone. I should call Christ-,"

"No..now...please?" he pleaded. She placed her hands on both sides of his face. Pulling him forward to see the look in his eyes. He took her hand and guided her hand to an on call room.

Once inside the room Arizona stood there as she watched Mark pace back and forth. He ran his fingers through his hair nervously.

Finally she gently stopped him by stepping in front of him and placing one hand on his chest. Her other hand cupped his cheek.

"Mark?" She questioned softly. Manrk leaned into her touch. Gwen then moved to softly kiss her. She was shocked at first but didn't protest. She just let him do what he needed go calm himself enought to speak.
Mark stopped and leaned his forehead into hers.

"The blood work..
D-the DND.She had an amnio. She knew I want the father..." he stammered. 

"Wait..what?" Arizona asked.

"Addie said she was leaving us. Both of us. Moving to LA and starting over. She knew there was a chance I wasn't the father. The blood work earlier proved it. Ari...".

"I don't understand.  Why, who? Why would she lie Mark? She was leaving us?" Arizona almost whispered.
This would explain Callie's behavior toward them both the past 6 months. Her acceptance of the almost platonic relationship she and Arizona had since her return from Africa.

The couple moved to sit on the bottom bunk. They held each other's hands in silence. Tears rolled down Mark's face. Arizona's shock turned to anger as she held him. She hated Callie for hurting Mark. A man she come to love. The man who had proven to be a man of honor despite of his flaws. Their journey from enemies,tentative friends to best friends was Rocky. But she loved the man. He loved her. In this moment all they have is each other.