Weird Part 3 - Minsung

Jisung saw a beautiful castle in front of him while he was standing next to a fountain with the statue of an angel. He was standing at the junction of four paths, each leading to the fountain. Gardens filled with beautiful flowers and tall trees were on either sides of the smooth, cemented roads.

Enchanted by the beauty of his surroundings, Jisung moved towards the huge gate of the castle, walking almost as he was hypnotized. His feet automatically led him to stand in front of the giant door, stopping right in front of it. His hand moved to push the round metal contraption for knocking on the gate and a loud echo was heard as he hit the door with the knocker.

Almost immediately, the gate opened ever so slowly, creaking as if it hadn't been used or oiled in years. Surprisingly unfazed by this, Jisung stepped inside the castle, his shoes soiling the bright red carpet underneath him. He moved a few steps forward and gated slammed shut.

Snapping out of his trance, Jisung finally took in his surroundings with a clear and conscious mind. A large beautiful chandelier hung from the ceiling, the carpet was almost blood red, probably because of the dim lighting of the hall. There was a main staircase and right where they ended were 2 more staircases facing away from each other. On the wall which was in front of the main staircase was a painting, but no matter how much Jisung squinted, he couldn't figure out the subject of the painting.

Curiosity took over him and he moved forward, inching closer to the staircase with every step he took. With every single step, he was getting closer to unveil the secret of the painting. It was sort of thrilling. Each inch allowed a bit more of light to cascade on the painting and it revealed a little bit more. He was now climbing the stairs and now he could see that the black and red clothing of the subject of the painting. He started getting anxious, his gut was telling him that it was bad idea and he should turn back but it was too late.

He stopped mid way of the stairs as he could finally see who the person in the painting was.

His breath hitched, eyes widened and heart rate increased as his eyes landed on those familiar red eyes that had been haunting for the past few days. 

Why is his painting in this castle? What is this supposed to mean?!

“Don't you think maybe it's because I'm the owner of this castle?” The man asked as he stepped out of the shadows and into the dimly lit hall.

“Welcome to my castle, my little squirrel. I'm pleased to have you as my guest, however-” the man said as he approached Jisung, his face stoic and eyes glaring, he stood right in front of him as he tilted the latter's chin up with his index finger, “-I will not entertain you soiling my beautiful carpet like that.” He said and before Jisung could even process what the man said, he was lifted in the air.

“Hey! Put me down!” Jisung yelled and flailed his arms around is desperation. The man simply chuckled before he moved towards the couch, throwing Jisung on the cushions only after making the sure the latter wouldn't hurt himself in the fall.

He leaned down to Jisung's face level and smirked when he saw just how wide the latter's eyes has gotten. He looked adorable like this, eyes wide and confused, slightly teary and breaths heavy. It felt so familiar yet foreign to the man as his gaze flicked over to Jisung's lips.

“What are you? What do you want from me? Why do I keep seeing you?” Jisung asked all at once, his anxiety had reached its peak level and he couldn't contain himself anymore. He knew if he didn't get answers right now he would burst into tears. He was not only confused but he was terrified of this man. How could he lift him so easily without even trying?

“My bad squirrel, don't cry.” The man's demeanour changed in an instant, he could feel himself panicking at the sight of Jisung crying. “I'm Minho, Lee Minho, the Ruler of Vampires. I'm the highest power in this place. Don't you worry, I won't harm you nor will I let anyone harm you. You're safe here, I promise.” He said softly, stroking Jisung's hair, although the latter kept flinching with every touch.

“How can I possibly trust you? You've been haunting me for the past weeks.” Jisung said, his voice shaky and low. Minho could sense the latter was petrified and felt extremely guilty for pranking him like this.

After all, Jisung was his most precious possession, one he could die for, one he could kill for. His facial expression fell from a cocky and playful one to a guilty and unsure one.

“I'm sorry I scared you Jisung, I truly am. I'm saying this with full sincerity and seriousness, your life is in danger and only I can protect you.”