CHAPTER THIRTY ONE: the end.

Max and Cassie were sitting in the attic

Max and Cassie were sitting in the attic. Hi:] Cassie wrote on the notepad they all had. hi <3 Max replied. glad you're here Cassie wrote. me too :] Max smiled. the sleepover's still on? Cassie grinned. of course, but you gotta make your cookies Cassie chuckled. wait a sec, i'm gonna check it out downstairs, be right back <3 Max nodded and Cassie got up.

She passed Lucas, who went into the attic and Cassie walked downstairs. As she was walking, she didn't see anything, so she started walking back upstairs. The floor slightly creaked, making the girl nervous, that Vecna might hear her.

When she got back she saw Max sitting there with her eyes rolled back in her head. "Lucas what the fuck happened?" She yelled and he just passed her a note.

You saved me and now i gotta save you

the sleepover's on

love you, Max

"No, no, no, no" She sat next to Max and took her hand in her own as she cried. "Please, take me, not her." She kept repeating under her breath, hoping Vecna would hear her. That's when she heard another voice, but she could care less. Until a hand touched her shoulder. "Hey there, I'm gonna help you, okay? And your friend too." Cassie kept repeating the words and Jason thought she was just traumatised, because of what happened to her friend.

But suddenlly, he grabbed her shoulder with force. "What did you do to her? Is this what you do? Kill your friends? First your grandma, Bob, Hopper, Veronica, Billy and now even Max? Is this what friends do?" Cassie looked up at him. " What? What do you mean? No, i-i didn't kill them. I-i'm not the one, who's gonna kill Max." Jason chuckled and his voice became much deeper and that's when Cassie realized, what's happening. Vecna's curse.

"Are you ready to be the final kill, Cassandra? Are you ready to end the world?" Cassie started to running down to escape the house, muttering some no's. She ran to a door and opened it, just to see it boarded up. Another door, but when she opened that one, she saw herself and Billy a year ago in the sauna.

"Cassandra, what are you doing here?" Cassie turned around as she heard her father's voice. "Don't go there or else!" He yelled and Cassie flinched. "Come here and keeps those men busy, be daddy's good girl." Cassie looked up at him and tears welled up in her eyes as she ran away from the man. Cassie remembered her plan and focused on the snowball.

When she opened her eyes, she saw a fucked up version of the snowball. "What the fuck." She said quetly. "Cassie?" She heard two voices and looked towards them, just to find El and Max. "Max!" She ran and hugged the girl. "Wait, how are you here? Did i make you up?" She asked when she saw El. "I'm here." El said and Cassie hugged her as well.

Vecna began to raise again and El put her hand in front of the girl. "Stay back." Cassie shook her head. "No, i can help you." El nodded and the two girls made their way to Vecna. "If you touch them again, I will kill you again." El lifted him up in the air. "Is that what you did? Hmm? Did you kill me? I am so glad you are here, Eleven. This... Is going to b beautiful. So beautiful. And it's all thanks to you." He lifted pieces of wood and threw them at the girls. Cassie put the mist in front of them as a shield.

But Vecna took this as a chance and threw Cassie around the room and so he did with Eleven. As he threw her for the last time, the brunette lost conciousness.

Cassie woke up and her head throbbed. vines were wrapped around her hands, legs and her neck. And so were around Eleven's and Max's. "Hawkins will burn and fall. And the rest of this senseless, broken world. And I will be there. I will be there to pick up the pieces when it does. And remake it into something... beautiful. There was a time when I had hoped to have you by my side. And there was a time when I had hoped to have Cassie by my side. But now I just want you to watch."

He walked over to Max and the Cassie whimpered. "Don't be afraid. Try and stay very still. It will all be over soon." He put his hand over the redhead's face.

Max started to lift. And her left leg snapped.

"No, stop it. Take me, not her!" Cassie yelled as she cried. He walked over to her. "You were always meant to end the world, It was your choice, in which way." He put his hand over Cassie's face and she knew this is it. The end. There was no point in fighting it. She was too weak. "Cassie!" Max and El kept shouting, but nothing coulf save the girl anymore.

Cassie's body lifted.

She turned her head to Max as much as she could. "I-i love you." She said.

Her left arm snapped. Then her leg snapped. Then another leg. And then her other arm. And her eyes bleeded.

But Vecna lost his grip on her and El screamed as she pushed hi, off of Cassie.

The two girls gasped as they woke up and fell from the air. Lucas tried to catch them. Max crawled to Cassie, since she had only one leg broken. "Cassie? Cassie!" Cassie whimpered. "MaxI... I can't feel or... ...see anything." She struggled to breathe. "I know. I know. It's okay. We're gonna get you help, okay? Just... Just hold on."

"Maax, I'm scared. I'm so scared. I'm so so scared. I don't wanna die. I'm not ready." Cassie cried out. "You're not gonna die. Hang on." Max shouted and Lucas watched and cried. "I don't wanna go! I'm not ready." Cassie cried. "You're not gonna die!" Max told her. "Just... Just hang on!" Lucas told her this time as Cassie's breath slowed. "Cassie! Cassie! Cassie! No, no, no Cassie. Stay with me! Stay with me, Cassie! Just look at me, Cassie. Cassie, look. No. Stay with me, Cassie. Hang on. Just hang on. Erica, help!" Max let out a sob and a gut wrenching scream as Cassi Harrington took her last breath.

And with that, the girl was gone.

Max and Lucas kept screaming the girl's name, but the girl didn't move. She stayes still. Cassie Harrington died.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two days later, Cassie Harrington was in the hospital. After her heart stopped for over a minute, Max didn't practically leave her side. Right now, Erica, Lucas and Max were in the room. Max brought Cassie her favourite plushie and read her her favourite book. "'He opened his eyes, and further words died in his throat. He forgot about the need to sick up that horrible parody of wine. He forgot about his mother, and Uncle Morgan, and his father, and almost everything else. Speedy was gone. The graceful arcs of the roller coaster against the sky were gone. He could feel the hair stirring on the nape of his neck, could feel a goofed-up grin pulling at the corners of his mouth. Speedy! I'm here, my God! I'm here in the territories!" She stopped, when she ssaw the door opening.

El, Will and Mike came in and Lucas helped Max as they went to hug them. "Oh my God. We've been calling you guys like crazy." Lucas said and Max nodded. "I know. We came as soon as we heard." Mike said. "I'm sorry." El apologized and Max gave her a weak smile. "Do they know When she will wake?" Will asked softly. "No. They say she might not. Her heart stopped. For over a minute. She died. I... I mean, clinically, but... Then she came back. The doctors don't know how. They say it's a miracle." They all watched Cassie and E. El walked towards Cassie's bed and sat down as she took Cassie's hand into her own. "I'm here, Cassie." Cassie's hand twitched, when El looked for her in the void, but other than that, nothing happened.

A/N: Omg, i'm finally done with this book, also would y'all be interested in the letters she wrote? Also go check out my other Max Mayfield fanfic!!!!