CHAPTER TWELVE: epilogue.

Max and Cassie were currently in Cassies room, laying in her bed, but Max kep staring somewhere

"Play something." Cassie looked up confused. Max pointed at the piano "Play somethin for me, pleaseee" Max said dragging out the e. "Fineee" Cassie got up and sat in front of the piano. She thought for a second on what she should play. Then she decided for one of her favourite songs. She started playing and hummed the lyrics to Jolene by Dolly Parton. She eventually started to sing. "Your smile is like a breath of spring, your voice is soft like summer rain and i can not compete with you Jolene. Jolene, Jolene, Jolene, Jolene. I'm begging of you, please don't take my man."

Max watched in awe as she saw the passion in the girl. She just stared at Cassie.

Cassie finished the song and looked at Max, finding the girl already staring at her. Max kissed her but a phone made them jump and pull away.

"Hello?" Cassie asked. Max watched the girl pick up the phone and slowly her smile started to fade. "Okay, yeah."

"You need to leave." Cassie looked at the redhead in concern and Max knew what's going on. This was happening every month. "Parents?" Cassie just nodded and Max grabbed her things, kissed her and then left.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After a while the brunette heard the door unlocking and ran there.

"Oh, Cassandra, honey." After Max left, Cassie changed in her dress, that she had on when she was at the snowball to please her parents.

"Hi mom" The woman hugged her and Cassie knew exactly what to do, step by step, to not upset her parents. "Hi dad" Cassie looked from the woman to the man and he hugged her aswell. "Do any of you need any help with your bags?" This is a question that Cassie learned to ask. It made her parents feel good. "No, it's okay honey, but could you make us some coffee?" Cassie nodded and walked to the kitchen, while her parents set their bags in their room.

Cassie made two cups of coffee and her parents took them. "Cassandra, we'll be having an important dinner here, and we'll need your help." Cassie nodded. "Of course." Then her father spoke up. "We need you to look presentable, put on some cute dress, makeup, whatever. The Smiths will come over and they'll bring their son. Entertain him, so we can make a deal, then you don't have to see him again, i don't care?" Cassie didn't want to do it, but she sucked it up and nodded.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The dinner was in an hour and Max already knew about the situation. Cassie was currently helping her mother in the kitchen. They cooked the meal and set the table, finally, it was time for them to arrive.

Cassie heard knocking, so her father spoke up. "Cassandra, go there please." Cassie stood up "Of couse." and walked towards the door. She put on a big smile and opened it "Hello, I'm Cassandra, please come in."

They were currently eating and their parents were talking about some bussiness thing, but Cassie didn't really care. They finished their meals as Cassie took everyone's plates. This wasn't new for Cassie. In fact, this was happening quite often. The only new thing for Cassie was that there was a young boy, probably her age and not old man, that she would have to entertein. She always played piano for them, so they couldn't be so touchy as they were. Cassie knew these men liked little girls, but she wasn't stupid, so she always planned something, so they wouldn't be able to touch her.

"Cassandra, how about you take Jeremy to your room." Her father suggested and Cassie nodded. "Oh yeah, come on." Cassie lead him to her room and she was unsure of what was going to happen. Is he gonna try to touch her too? Does he not want to be here too? Will they just chat?

"You have a nice room." He said as he sat in front of the piano. "Thanks, can you play?" Cassie pointed at the piano. He started playing something softly. Cassie smiled and joined him. Jeremy smiled too and Cassie felt good with him. But he started feeling too good and leaned in, kissing the girl. "Oh-Uhm, I'm sorry, but i have someone." Cassie felt bad. "No, it's okay, i overstepped." Cassie smiled at him, glad that he understood. He seemed to be like her. Misunderstood. "Do you wanna smoke?" This took Jeremy off guard, but soon, he nodded. So here they are now, on her window seat, tradeing a cigarette, talking about life.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jeremy and his family left and Cassie called Max to tell her everything what happened and when will her parents leave again, so Max could come over.

Everything was...normal.