CHAPTER TWENTY: everything is about basketball.

Cassie woke up from a nightmare, panting and crying

Cassie woke up from a nightmare, panting and crying. It woke Max up and the redhead immediatelly went to comfort the brunette. "Hey, it's okay. It was just a nightmare. It's not real." Cassie's breath evened and she put her hands on Max's, which were wrapped around the girl. Since it was too early for them to do anything, Cassie changed her shirt that was drenched in cold sweat. "What are you looking at?" Cassie asked with smirk. "Beauty." Max blushed and looked down, not seeing the red on the brunette's face. She quickly changed and went back to bed. "Happy birthday, love" Max brushed a piece of hair from Cassie's face. "Thank you." She said as she kissed Max. "Birthday sex?" Cassie smirked. "Anything for my birthday girl."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Steve picked them up and they're currentlly on the road. "Then there's Heidi tomorrow night, but the problem with Heidi is that she's going out of state for college. Do I wanna start another relationship that has no point other than sex? I mean, I don't know. Does that make sense to you? Robin, are you listening?" Steve asked with an annoyed sigh. "Uh, yes." Robin kept doing her makeup. She's so trying to impress someone. Cassie thought.

"What did I just say?" Steve tried the girl. "Something about sex with Linda." Robin shrugged. "No, I'm talking about Heidi." Cassie took the walkman out of her backpack and Max did the same. Cassie played 'Everybody wants to rule the world.' it was one of her favourite songs. She had a lot. For example 'Psycho killer', 'Jolene', 'Bohemian Rhapsody', 'American Pie', 'Babooshka and 'Running up that hill', which was the one Max listened to. Ever since Cassie showed Max Kate Bush, the redhead listened to her and her only.

"I like boobies. You like boobies. Cassie and Max like each others boobies. Vickie likes boobies. Definitely." Steve yelled and Cassie was flabbergasted. "Ew, stop saying boobies." She grimaced and Max chuckled. "It's boobies."

After some time, they pulled up to the school and Robin exited the vehicle. "I have to go, I'll see you after the pep rally." She gave Max a quick kiss and left to her cheerleader friends.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The cheerleaders were doing their dance and Cassie along with Chrissy were in the middle. They went to sit on the benches and Cassie blew a kiss to Max, which she did back. The basketball team ran in the gym and Jason took the microphone. "Good morning, Hawkins High! First off... Hey. First off, I'd like to thank each and every one of you. Without your support, we wouldn't be here. Give yourselves a big hand." Everyone clapped. God, this is boring. Cassie thought. "And of course, of course, I have to give a special shout-out to the best and the prettiest fans of all time, the Tiger Cheer Squad." They all put their hands up including Cassie as everyone cheered. "Chrissy... Chrissy, I love you, babe." Everyone awed, but Cassie grimaced.

"You know... I think I can speak for all of us when I say it's been a tough year for Hawkins. So much loss. And sometimes I wonder, "How much loss can one community take?" In dark days like this, we need something to believe in. So, last night, when we were down by ten points at half to Christian Academy, I looked at my team, and I said, "Think of Jack." "Think of Melissa." "Think of Heather." "Think of Billy." "Think of Veronica Harden" You might not know this girl, but she wanted to be a cheerleader as well, until taht fire took her."