the school secretary greets him, and gakushu forces out another smile, bidding her a "good afternoon" before heading his way, as he could already imagine the mahogany double doors that he so desperately despises inside his mind. just as he was about to turn the corner to pass by a library, he got a mouthful of red hair.

red....it brings the following words to mind: rage, repugnant, repulsive.

the paper he had carried slipped from the top pile because of the impact, but much to the strawberry blonde's surprise, a hand swiftly shot out and grabbed him by the shoulder in time to keep him from falling.

"what the-" gakushu's eyes widen before he quickly takes a step back to put some distance between them as his face turns into a scowl as he immediately recognises who it was.

'speak of the devil.'

"watch where you're going, you imbecile!"

instead of feeling annoyed at his rude tone, the redhead smiled. "ah gomen gomen, my bad," he sang, stuffing both of his hands back into his pocket with a "couldn't care less" attitude to match. "but you should have learned to look sideways for safety; didn't daddy dearest of yours ever teach you that?"

gakushu inwardly cringed at the phrase that karma used to call his father as he started to grow irritated; he doesn't think he has ever wanted to hit a person more than he does the redhead right now. okay, that isn't true, but still....this delinquent always likes to get on his nerves.

"you're welcome." karma smirks; the emptiness behind those words was very evident, and it's clear to gakushu that he just wants to annoy him.

gakushu narrowed his eyes, looking annoyed. "what are you doing here ? have you got the nerve to trespass again after i caught you last time?"

"and failed to do so." karma goaded him, making gakushu's eye twitch in anger.

before gakushu was about to ask why someone as insufferable as him was doing here again, he suddenly remembered the after-class activities, for which he assumed the teachers from class E had asked for permission to stay in the library for studies, so instead gakushu scoffed, deciding to just ignore his existence and begin to crouche down, gathering the papers that had just been scattered on the ground. when he looked up, he saw the redhead had one of them in his hand and began skimming his eyes through it.

"give me that!" gakushu snatched the one paper from his hand before shooting daggers at him.

"practising for your finals, i see." a smirk smeared across karma's features as he pocketed his hands, ignoring the scowl on the strawberry's blonde face, and glanced around curiously. " arei ? your group of little minions isn't here to accompany you this time ?"

"i don't see that's one of your businesses." gakushu brushed him off.

karma chuckled at the sight of the worksheets and pointed out gakushu's eye bag. "aww, there's no way to talk to a student like that." he flutters his eyes innocently and asks, "scared that i surpass you, little panda ?"

"i don't know what you are trying to achieve here, so just stay out of my sight." gakushu said, pushing his index finger against the red-haired's chest rather harshly. "and learn to watch that filthy mouth of yours, akabane."

the mischief glint in the red-headed eyes only made his blood boil, but he would never tolerate himself getting vulnerable or weak under any circumstances; he would never let that day come. he was meant to hold his head high and wasn't meant to bow. gakushu was no ordinary student who was running the student council. he was a leader who held power and respect. "you are clearly not worth my time, especially not my breath." a smug look crossed gakushu's face. "seeing your embarrassingly poor performance on the first semester test, i doubt that your little lowlife 3-E can surpass us in the next exam."