Chapter-18

NATHAN'S POV

A few weeks has passed since we brought Hope to the office. Rose has officially gone to her maternity leave and Ella has fully taken over as my full time assistant and she is doing a great job. Even though Rose is on maternity leave she comes to my office regularly on lunch beak. According to her she can't miss nanna's food or her cutie as she likes to call Ella. During this time period me and Ella have gone to a few more dates as well. Right now I am going through some documents in my office.

There was a knock on my door making me look up and say come in to whomever was on the other side. I smiled when I saw the little head of my sweetheart poking in like a puppy before smiling at me.

'' Come in sweetheart what do you need '' I asked with a smile as she came closer to me with a bunch of files in her hands.

'' Well I had some files that you need to sign and a meeting in half an hour '' she said coming towards me. Once she was standing in front of me I pulled her by her hand making her sit on lap and as usual her reaction was to squeal.

'' Alright show me the files I need to sign '' I said once she was settled down comfortably and taking the files from her. She was so small I can easily work around her that's how tiny she is. She fit perfectly besides me like a piece of missing puzzle.

'' These files need your signs and these here need to be looked through they are the renewed contracts '' she said separating the files on me table making me nod.

I pulled her closer to me and started on the files while she laid her head on my shoulder and watched me work. I kissed her forehead and continued looking through the files. After a bit I felt her relax on to me making me look down only to fin her asleep like a baby. I chuckled lightly so that she doesn't wake up. I stood up carefully with her in my hands making snuggle into me. I opened the secret bedroom I have here for when I have to spend time the night here though I have not done that since Ella came into my life.

I placed her down on the on the bed making her move around so I quickly placed a pillow in her arms so that she doesn't wake up. She quickly cuddled into the pillow making me jealous that it is not me. I can't believe that I am jealous of a pillow I thought shaking my head. I removed her shoes and covered her with a blanket, so that she doesn't get cold before going out. I wrote a note to let her know that I am going to the meeting and she doesn't have to come. I looked at her one last time then checked the time to see I should get going.

Today I have a meeting with a new company that has been bugging me for a collaboration. I finally decided to here them out even though I am not going to form any type of partnership with them. I have done my research on them and they do not have a good reputation. I am just meeting them so that they would stop bugging me.

I entered the meeting room to find Mr. Channing already there and a girl was also sitting besides him. I am not one to judge someone based on their looks but it looked like she dressed to go to a club rather that a official meeting. The moment I entered they stood up, Mr. Channing stood their looking confident while the girl kept pulling down her top down. I nodded at them and walked towards my seat.

'' Nice to meet you Mr. Pierce this is my daughter Ashley she will be joining us today '' He said forwarding his hand towards me which I shook as a courtesy before taking my seat as they did too.

Whole time he kept about rumbling about his business ideas which was completely waste of time. I just kept nodding bored out of my mind all while thinking about the beauty sleeping in my cabin. The most irritating part of the meeting aside from his rumbling was his daughter. She kept pushing her boobs and pulling her top down and did nothing for the whole meeting. I think he brought her here hoping I will be distracted enough by her to say yes to his stupid deal.