CHAPTER 51: OVERWHELMED

Bắt đầu từ đầu

Tom rolled his eyes. He said, "Sydney I guess you haven't noticed, but I'm not a baby. I'm all man."

He smirked. He said, "I can show you if you are doubting."

I immediately could tell I was blushing, so I tried to not let Tom see. I felt warm and hot all over.

I said, "Tom I know you're all man, but you were your mom's baby, and you are her only son. She is going to give you a hug first."

Tom said, "you ready to treat me to breakfast, lunch, the movies, and then wash my car." I said, "Wait so washing the car yeah sounds good. My baby needs washed." Tom laughed. He said, "you are going to lose Sydney."

Tom's mom came out. She said, "hi kids." Tom said, "mom" I said, "hi." She started to walk towards us, and she said, "Congratulations, I'm so excited. Thomas I really wish you would have called and told me instead of just telling Rob, but I understand."

I was smirking at Tom because I thought he was going to lose the bet. But instead of going to Tom she came to me, and gave me a big hug. I heard Tom laughing. I looked at him, and he winked at me. Laughing.

She said, "Honey I am really sorry that my son didn't give you much time to plan a wedding, I mean you have been engaged for awhile. men don't understand all the work and stress that goes into planning a wedding. They think they have to only show up." She looked at Tom.

Tom said, "mom I already told Sydney that I would help whatever she needs." She said, "good I'm very happy to hear that." She went to Tom. She said, "I'm so happy for you." She hugged him. And cried. Tom said, "mom." She said, "I'm sorry. I'm so proud of you. I prayed for you to find a girl like Sydney. And I wish your dad was here. I know he'd be so proud and so happy with your choice for a wife." Tom had a few tears in his eyes threatening to fall.

Tom said, "Mom you wouldn't want to babysit Amari for us tomorrow would you?" She said, "I would love to. Do you have plans?" Tom said, "yes my beautiful fiance here is going to treat me, to breakfast, then lunch, then a movie, then dinner, and then she is going to wash my car." I said, "somehow this bet keeps growing." He laughed.

We got to my dad's. Tom took a deep breath. I said, "Tom you look like you are going to pass out. Just relax. My dad loves you."

Tom said, "maybe, but that was before he was going to have the date that I'm stealing you a way from him." I laughed. So did Tom's mom.

She said, "you remind me of your dad when he and I first got engaged."

Tom said, "really I wish I would have asked him stories. I didn't think of it at the time. Was grandpa happy about your engagement." She said, "no. He grew to love your dad, but he did not approve of the marriage at first." Tom looked shocked. He said, "What, why mom?" She said, "he thought we were too young. He thought I should date other boys, not just marry my first love." Tom said, "dang." He made a face. She said, "your dad and my dad got along when we were dating, but your dad was nervous and scared to tell my parents that we were engaged. We went to their house for dinner, and let's say it didn't go well." She laughed.

Tom said, " so  do you think that tonight won't go well mom, is that what you are trying to say?" She said, "Thomas relax. Tonight will go perfect" Tom said, "What if he's upset with me." I said, "he isn't Tom. Don't worry about it."

We go inside, and Amari wants to go see my dad. Tom puts him down and Amari runs to him. My dad picks him up giving him kisses. My dad said, "Sydney I had Greta pick up a bunch of treats for Amari, can he have a snack." I laughed. I said, "yes daddy"

My dad went and handed him a dental bone. Amari took it and ran around in a circle with it, and then tried to hide it, then looked at it, then went back and got it.