CHAPTER 19: WEDDING ARRIVAL

I woke up early. Around 2 am.  Feeling sick.  I had a bad dream. It upset me. I remembered it in detail when I woke up. I turned on the light and went to the kitchen to have some sprite.  Hoping to settle my stomach.

Tom came into the kitchen.  He said, "are you ok?"  I said, "yeah I just had a really bad dream." 

He looked so hot. He had a white tee shirt, and blue pajama pants on.   He had a robe on. He looked like he was still half asleep.  His hair in his eyes.  As bad as the dream was, just looking at him, and how hot he was made me feel better. Instead of how I was feeling sick, and tense just before he came out. Now I'm finding it hard to focus.

Tom sits down at the table

Tom sits down at the table. He said, "Do you want to tell me? You don't have to, but if it would help to talk about it."  I said, "you look exhausted. If you want to go back to bed."  Tom said, "I can if you want to be alone. I just wanted to check on you, I saw the lights go on."

I said, "we were at the wedding. And the minute we walked in all eyes were on me.  Staring at me. Pointing, whispering, laughing. Then all of my old friends, the girls they came up to me, pretending to be nice, but they were only wanting to go on about how Kris is so beautiful, and Rob is so lucky to have her, then they started flirting and hitting on you. Then I was going to go over and talk to my brother, he was across the room, and I tripped, and fell and everyone laughed Tommy."

Tom said, "I'm sorry. I know how real dreams can be and upsetting."  I nodded.  I said, "I feel better now just talking to you. Thank you."  He smiled.  His perfect smile. Making me almost forget my own name.

Tom said, "Syd I want you to know. I can't control if any girls hit on me."  I said, "I know that."  He said, "But I won't let them flirt, I will shut that down. Please don't worry about that. If you think that it's going to be like it was the night we met, it won't be. I promise you. Sydney you will never have to witness that again."  I said, "Thanks Tom. You should go back to bed."  He said, " Are you going to be ok?"  I said, "yes I feel better now. I think I will go try and go to sleep."  Tom said, "if you need me come get me ok. Or yell I'll keep my door open."  I said, "Thanks."  Tom left.

Tom came back. He said, "hey I just want to tell you I'm in awe of you, how strong you are. I could not have done that; I mean I just no way was I that strong."  I said, "What."  He said, "never mind. Try and go to sleep and not worry. I mean I really don't see why any of those ex-friends of yours would be laughing at you. They should be apologizing and be afraid to face you."

Tom's view:

Damn this girl the way she gets to me. Under my skin. I lose all control to think. To focus. I mean why did I blurt that out to her. No one knows about that. Not even Judy. And I'm going to keep it that way. I will never tell a single person. Even to this day I'm humiliated by it. I feel stupid. I don't know what Judy or Sydney would think. I mean it makes me look like less of a man. I don't want Sydney feeling sorry for me or pity. And she's so sweet she would.