CHAPTER 30: RETALIATION

Tom has won over my dad and my brother.   Tom has worked on all of my dad's cars, and my brother's too.  And my brother, my dad, and Tom are bowling every Sunday.  Tom is teaching me how to bowl.  I have to say that even though I don't like to bowl, I do enjoy the lessons.  Mainly because he stands behind me, and puts his arms around my waist and has his hands on my hands to help guide my ball.  It's not really helping as far as bowling though, as if he lets go and I do it by myself, it still only hits 1 or 2 pins.  Tom tries to be sweet, and tell me that I'm doing good, getting 2 pins, is good.

It was Thursday at 11:00 a.m..  Tom said he would take me to lunch my pick.  I  told him that I have been craving  Mexican, so we went to my favorite restaurant.  We had about a 20 minute wait, so Tom let me sit down, while he stood.  We got to our table.  The waitress brought our chips, salsa, and asked for our drink order.  

Tom was looking at the menu.  I get the same order each time, so I was just looking around.  And quickly lost my appetite.

I saw 4 of my former officers.  Oh no.  They are sitting a few tables over.  I panic.  I don't want them to see me. I don't ever want to see them ever again, or they see me.  And also, I don't want Tom to see them and realize who they are.  I need to just calm down, and get Tom out of here. Do it in a way that he won't realize.

I can't help it. I am scared of those guys.  There were times that I worried that one of them might rape me. I still have nightmares  about them.  And what all they did to me.

I said, "Hey Hanson"  He looked up. He said, "I think I know what I want."  I said, "um I need to go back to the station. Can we go?"  Tom looked at me.  He said, "right now?"  I said, "yeah I think I forgot something."  Tom said, "What did you forget?"  I said, 'it might be in my desk"  Tom said, "I'm sure you don't need it, I mean lunch won't take that long."

I was looking over at those 4 guys, hoping they don't see me, but needing to make sure that they are not headed over here, in case they did spot me. I mean Tom if he figures out who they are, will probably attack them, right here. I don't want that.

I said, "Tom, I'm not I don't really want to eat here. Do you think we could just pay for our pop and go?"

Tom scratched back of his neck.  He said, "Sydney what's wrong."  I said, "what"  He said, 'What is wrong? Why are you wanting to leave?"  I said, "I just I'm sorry, I think I want to go someplace else."

Tom said, " why?"  I said, 'um"  Tom said, 'Sydney you said this is your favorite Mexican restaurant, and you've been craving it."  I said, "yeah but I am not really that hungry now. I mean for  their food. I think it's that fajiti smell. Since I don't eat meat."

Tom said, "are you feeling sick?"  I didn't hear him, as I saw them get up.  I said, "oh no."  Tom looked at me.

Tom's point of view:

Something is up with Sydney.  She was starving for this place, and we don't even order, and now she wants to leave.  She has lost all the color in her face.  I mean she looks white as a sheet.

I ask her if she's feeling sick, but from the minute that she said could we go, I just don't think that is the reason. I mean she looks a little afraid. And if she was feeling sick because of the smell then why not just say that, why say she forgot something.  No, something is making her afraid.

Tom looks to see where I am looking.

Tom said, 'Sydney what's wrong. Do you see someone in here that is bothering you?  If you do just tell me."

I said, 'What."  I didn't even realize from the moment I saw them get up, I was holding my breath.  I relaxed when I saw that they were headed to the door. Thank God they are leaving.