CHAPTER 40: DOUBLE DATES

All the girls were talking about the "hot bad boy" that was in school today.  Judy was teasing me about it.  The girl who was the bully her name was Liz. And she offered to buy our lunches, but I told her that she didn't need to buy mine. Judy said the same.    She ended up sitting at our table, we had quite a bit more girls wanting to sit at our table, and all wanted to hear about Tom. How did we meet? I saw one girl sitting alone, so I asked her if she wanted to join us. She was happy. Her name was Margie.

Liz scared me, I was drinking my chocolate milk, and she screamed, "oh my God Sydney"  I jumped. I said, "What's wrong?"  She said, 'your hand, I didn't notice, you guys are engaged. That's so romantic to be engaged and still be in high school."  I didn't even think about being on the case and wearing my ring.

Judy said, "yes he gave her the most romantic proposal."

  Judy introduced me and her to Patty, and said that we would like to be on the prom committee, if she needed any help. She said that would be great, and said that we would be having a meeting after school, at the local pizza place that is close to the school. 

Tom texted me asking how the day was going, any trouble at lunch? I texted no trouble, Liz wants to be friends.  

  I told him that we are on the prom committee, and we have a meeting today after school at some pizza place.  He said text him the address and he will meet us there.

We had a substitute teacher in our last class of the day, and she said that we could use the time to study or read. 

 Judy texted me.  I think that your outfit is missing something.

  I texted what. 

 She said your bad boy needs to fix it tonight.  LOL. 

 I asked her what and she said I'll take care of ya. But it will cost you.  I will help you out, and in return you can  talk your man into going on a double date with me and Booker.

I laughed.  And looked at her.  Guess I laughed a little too loud as the teacher gave me a stern look.

I texted back, a double date you don't know what you are asking of me.  She laughed.  Earning another stern look from the teacher.

 After class we went to the lockers and  saw Margie at her locker.

I said, "hey Margie."  She said, "hi Sydney, Judy"  Judy said, "Hi."  She said, "are you girls going to the prom committee meeting? I thought I overheard Patty tell you about it."

Judy said, "yes we are, are you on the committee?"  She said, "yes. I could give you directions on how to get there."

I said, "That would be great Margie. Thank you so much."  We were walking out of the school.

She told us how to get there.  I told her "thanks and see you there."  She said, "ok"  

We got in Judy's car.  I said, "Judy look, it looks like she's walking."

  Judy pulled up beside her.  I rolled down the window.

 I said, "Margie, do you want a ride?"  She said, "yes I guess."  

Judy unlocked the door for her she got in the backseat.  Judy said, "you should have said something."

She said, "I'm sorry."  She looked down.  She said, "I was wanting to know if you would mind maybe if I sat on your side, maybe by you two girls. But if it's a problem, it's fine, I can sit by myself"  I said, "no you're not sitting by yourself. Of course, you can sit with us."

I texted Tom the address. Judy said, "your man coming"  I said, "yes "  She laughed. 

We got there and all of the girls greeted Judy and I, but ignored Margie.  They got a big table and didn't have a seat for her, and Patty told her that she could sit at a different spot.  Judy said, "no Patty she is sitting with us. I'll get another chair for you."  Margie said, "Thanks. Judy."