TWELVE.

WARNING: this chapter contains smut.
CONTENT: slight choking, hair pulling, praise kink

EVELYN

I stumbled down the stairs as I exited the mezzanine where we had our ballet classes. Class ended probably 20 minutes ago but I stuck around a bit to work on my off-ice training. I had been lacking in my off-ice training due to the fact that I had so much class work to get through and because I had been avoiding the rink as much as possible whilst Michael was ignoring me. The conversation we had the other night had left me still slightly confused. We sat there for at least half an hour just cuddling and enjoying each other's company. It was lovely. I spotted the zamboni on the ice as I entered the rink area, noticing Michael sitting atop it as he guided the machine around the ice and smoothing out the surface. A small look of confusion crossed my face as I remembered that the ice doesn't usually get cut before I train as it usually isn't too bad. I didn't think about it too much as I rushed into the girls locker room to change from my ballet outfit into my training clothes.

As I entered the rink area again, skates in hand, I spotted my coach leaning against the barrier waiting. I was supposed to be on the ice 5 minutes ago. "Sorry! I lost track of time when I was doing off-ice. Give me 2 minutes to put my skates on." She didn't say anything, only nodded and hopped on the ice herself. I flashed her a small smile and sat down and started putting my skates on. "Hey." The rough voice beside me caused me to look up as I placed my foot in the boot. It was Michael. I smiled. "Hey, what's up?" I asked as I turned my attention back to my skates and the laces as I started pulling them to tighten them. He sat next to me. I finished off one boot, tying a bow and double knot before pulling my leg warmer over it. "Nothing really. Uh- I cut the ice for you." He said, fiddling with the rings on his fingers. I couldn't help the smile that plastered itself on my face. I had a feeling that's what he was doing. He was aware how much I loved fresh ice. I finished off my second boot, doubled knotted the laces in a bow again and pulled the leg warmer over it. I sat up and looked over at him. "Thank you. I appreciate that a lot."

He gave me a small smile back and I glanced over at my coach. She raised an eyebrow at me, telling me to hurry up. I nodded at her. "Can we talk? About what we were talking about at the party?" Michael asked, reaching for my hand. I watched as his tattooed, ring-covered fingers laced with mine. I looked at him again. "Uh, yeah. I've got training right now, as you know and I'm already late... but come to my apartment. I'll be there after training, okay?" I suggested and he nodded. I smiled again and reluctantly pulled my hand from his and stood up, heading towards the ice.

***

As I approached my apartment building, I spotted Michael leaning against the red brick. A small smile snuck its way onto my face as I continued walking towards the building. He pushed off the wall as he noticed me approaching, putting out the cigarette he was smoking and giving me a small wave before he shoved his hands into his jacket pockets. I reached the front door and smiled at him again. "Hey, how long have you been waiting?" I asked, interested to know how long he had been standing out here. I had gone over time during training and was unable to text him to let him know. He shrugged slightly. "Not too long. I hung out with Ash for a bit and only got here maybe 10 minutes ago." He explained as I put in the code for the door and gestured for him to go through. He did and I followed after him, ensuring the door shuts and locks behind us. Some of the other students who lived in the building owned cats.The last thing I wanted was for the door to blow open and for the cats to get out.

I started making my way up the stairs, Michael following closely behind as I led the way to my apartment. I said hello to the girl who lived next door to me as she was leaving her apartment as we approached mine. I lived on the 3rd floor of the apartment building and knew most of the students who lived on this floor. Pulling my keys out of my pocket, I unlocked my apartment door and once again gestured for Mike to enter. He did and I followed, immediately telling him to make himself comfortable as I headed off to my office/skating room. Putting my skating bag in the wardrobe, I pulled my skates out and took the soft guard off the blades and placed them in the designated spot I had for them in order to let them air dry and so they don't end up smelling. As I entered the main living room again, I spotted Mike out on the balcony looking at all the plants I had out there. There were quite a few inside as well. I enjoyed plants and it just made my apartment seem more lively and cosy inside. "You can water them if you want; the watering can to your right should have water in it." I called out, heading into the kitchen.