Chapter 32

"You said you have some friends from Asgard you wanted to visit?" (Y/N) questioned as the two of them stepped into the treehouse. "Why are we back here?"

Atreus held up the Jotenheim Realm Seed. "We should put this back with the others." he explained, leading (Y/N) to their room. 

She watched him put the seed back in the box with the rest of the seeds. He put the box back, which left (Y/N) confused. "Don't we need a different realm seed?" she asked him.

Atreus looked back at her. "Not for where we're going." he said as he joined her by the door. "They're in Midgard, building a small village near my cabin."

"I've never seen a village in our woods." (Y/N) doubted. "Are you sure?"

"Yeah," Atreus replied. "My father also mentioned he saw one of them not too long ago."

(Y/N) responded with a hum as they left the treehouse yet again and towards the Mystic Gateway. Atreus activated it with his key and they walked through. They were in the front yard of his cabin again.

"Do you know where this village is?" (Y/N) wondered, following Atreus's lead.

Atreus looked around for a moment as he thought. "I think so. This way." He began walking towards a gate in the yard, leading towards the woods. 

(Y/N) walked behind him as they travelled past familiar trees.

"We're getting close to your camp as well, right?" Atreus asked, slowing his pace to walk alongside (Y/N).

"Yep." (Y/N) responded, looking in the direction her camp was. She paused, staring into the distance. 

Atreus stopped walking and looked in the same direction before looking back at her. "(Y/N)?"

"Wait, lemme check something." (Y/N) said as she began jogging towards where she was looking.

Atreus followed her off the path, curious as to what she was doing. "What is it?" he called from behind.

"I think I caught something." (Y/N) responded. "I use traps to catch smaller prey, like rabbits." she added for context.

"What makes you think that?" Atreus questioned as he stepped over a fallen log.

"When a trap goes off, there's a bell attached to the door. That bell rings when the door closes on the prey." (Y/N) explained, stopping in her tracks. "See?"

Atreus stood behind her as she crouched by a small cage held to the ground by a wooden stake. He saw the bell on the door, as well as a rabbit imprisoned in the cage. To Atreus's surprise, it was alive and unharmed. "How do you keep the animal in there? Looks pretty easy to get out." 

"When the trap closes, there's two sharper points of the cage, on the corners." (Y/N) explained, pointing to the corners of the cage. "They plant themselves into the ground, it keeps the animals stuck long enough for me to find them. I keep the traps near my camp so I can hear any that go off." She turned her head up at Atreus. 

He knelt beside her and stared at the rabbit. "What's next?"

"Normally I have a knife, but I lost it while running from a bear." (Y/N) sighed. "I should probably ask Lunda to make me a new one."

"A bear?" Atreus asked, a bit uncertain. "You outran a bear?"

(Y/N) stared at him. "I know. I didn't expect to do it, but I guess I'm just lucky there was an abandoned badger den in the ground. The bastard couldn't reach me there."

Atreus chuckled lightly before handing (Y/N) his knife. "Use mine then." he offered. 

(Y/N) took it with a nod. "Thanks." she said before quickly impaling the rabbit in the throat.