Chapter 26

Noralf lunged towards Kavas after brushing Quena aside. The Dark Elf evaded the attack by flying upwards as he pulled out his spear. Osaniel shot an energy blast at Noralf, and it proved successful as the stun from the attack caused the Light Elf to stumble backwards.

(Y/N) took the chance to use her sword and landed a hit to Noralf's side. He quickly swung his arm at her to send her away, but Atreus shot a fire arrow into his shoulder, giving (Y/N) an opening to manage to get away.

Osaniel and Kavas flew over to Quena who was getting up, using her sword. The Light Elf glared at Noralf; (Y/N) came to the conclusion that he was her father from the words they'd exchanged before the battle.

Noralf was busy fighting Freya, Atreus, and (Y/N) while the three Elves were regaining Quena's focus. Her mind was a cloudy rage, to her, there was so much Noralf had to pay for.

The large Light Elf had a sword similar to Quena's, it's quality was seemingly better due to its brighter glow and sharpness. He swung it at Atreus who dodged it by leaping back before shooting a few arrows at Noralf's chest.

"You should just give up," Noralf said, his voice rising as he attacked Freya. "I'm stronger than you, I'm the leader of the Light Rebels!"

(Y/N) ran around to the back of Noralf, hoping to pull off a more strategic attack. Freya and Atreus realized this and continued to attack Noralf from the front. Using her sword, (Y/N) jumped up behind him and planted her blade into his right shoulder.

Noralf grunted in pain as he turned his head slightly. (Y/N) held onto her sword, keeping in Noralf's shoulder. She kept her feet on his back, maintaining a steady balance. Her heart was racing as Noralf began shaking himself recklessly, trying to get her off.

Eventually, (Y/N) had to pull her sword out due to the constant thrashing. Noralf sent her flying into a pile of grain-filled bags, dust filling the air. (Y/N) felt a pain in her back as opened her eyes.

"(Y/N)!" Atreus cried out. He ran over to her, keeping his eyes on Noralf. Freya was keeping him busy, using a combination of her magic and sword attacks. Atreus knelt by (Y/N), putting a hand on her shoulder, his bow in his other hand. "Can you get up?" Hie eyes were wide with worry.

(Y/N) grunted in pain as she slowly stood up. She patted his shoulder. "Yeah." she breathed, looking up at him. "He's really strong."

Noralf was fighting off the others; Kavas and Osaniel were in the air, using their spears to shoot energy blasts at him. Freya and Quena were attacking melee with their swords.

Atreus nodded at (Y/N) as he joined back into the battle. "Úlfr Hlaup!" he yelled. Several spectral wolves appeared around Noralf, leaping at him with angry barks and growls. 

(Y/N) watched as she regained her mind. The wolves disappeared after a few moments with simultaneous howls to the sky.

(Y/N) took a deep breath, clutching her sword. She ran back to the fight with a slice at Noralf's arm. He lifted his arm to avoid the attack only for Quena lunge and hit him anyways. She had a crazed smile on her face as her sword cut into her father's flesh.

Noralf distanced himself from the group. He raised his arms and began forming a large glowing orb of light. He threw it at them with incredible speed. The Dark Elves flew upwards, above the orb. 

Atreus backed away as he began shooting the orb with his arrows. (Y/N) stayed close behind him, preparing to brace. She noticed Freya shooting her own arrows at the orb as well. The orb exploded in the air with a flash of light. 

Noralf frowned before leaping into the air at Kavas and Osaniel. With a swift movement, he grabbed Kavas's neck with his fist. Osaniel charged at Noralf in the air with his spear, only to be kicked away towards the ground.

He landed on the ground with a groan as Quena quickly helped him back up. She stared up at Noralf as he kept his fist tightly wrapped around Kavas's neck. Kavas struggled, using his hands and feet to try and escape. 

Quena flew up at him with her sword, impaling his side. "Let go of him!" she cried, pushing her sword deeper into Noralf. Her father coughed hoarsely as his grasp on Kavas loosened. Kavas fell weakly as Noralf released him. Osaniel quickly caught him and carried him down to the ground.

Freya turned into her falcon form to join Quena. As she transformed back, she landed on Noralf's back, putting her sword in front of his neck. (Y/N) and Atreus were checking on Kavas and Osasniel. All they could do was wait for Noralf to leave the air. 

"Kavas, are you alright?" Osaniel asked his friend, feeling his neck. 

Kavas was breathing heavily, but he nodded quickly. "I'll be okay." he gasped. "Go help Quena." Osaniel nodded and took off into the air to join Freya and Quena.

Quena's sword remained in Noralf's side. She started turning it slowly, causing Noralf's flight to stagger. He was soon back on the ground; Freya climbed off of him to let Quena finish him off.

Noralf was looking at her with innocent eyes, trying to guilt his way out of this situation. "Come on Firefly, you'd really kill me, your father?" He was smiling weakly at her as her sword continued to damage his insides.

Quena's eyes were narrowed, the only emotion in them was hate. "The only thing that makes you my father, is the fact that your filthy blood runs in my veins." She roughly turned her sword, Noralf grunted in discomfort.

The others watched the scene from afar. Kavas was leaned on Osaniel, his arm around his shoulder to keep him up. (Y/N) stood next to Atreus while Freya stood nearby, her arms crossed.

"You won't kill me. You know your mother wouldn't want this." Noralf warned her, his voice rising.

Quena scoffed. "This is what Mother always wanted." She pulled out her sword, leaving a deep cut in Noralf's side. 

"Firefly-" he was cut off as thick blood gushed out of the wound, pooling on the ground around them. Quena lifted her sword and stabbed into his throat, the other end of the blade sticking out the back of his neck.

Noralf's mouth opened as his eyes began dimming. Quena gasped lightly in relief as she pulled her sword back out. Noralf's body fell to the ground as his blood soaked the dirt. 

Quena stared at her father's corpse as it disappeared, a slight smile formed on her face. She turned to look back at the group who were watching intently. She walked back over to them, putting her sword away. 

She looked at peace, yet tired from the battle. Osaniel and Kavas made their way to meet her, wrapping their arms around her. Quena looked surprised, but she allowed it. She'd gotten rid of the only bad part of her life, and her friends knew it.

(Y/N), Atreus, and Freya walked over to the Elves. Osaniel and Kavas stepped back from Quena.

"How do you feel?" Kavas asked her softly. Quena breathed out, a hand on her hip.

"Great." she sighed, looking at the group. "...thank you."

(Y/N) smiled at her; even though she didn't know exactly what Noralf had done to Quena, she knew that he must've been a terrible father, and husband.

Freya put a hand on Quena's shoulder. "I'm glad for you." she said honestly. 

Atreus nodded. "Yeah, good for you!" 

Quena smiled a happy smile at them, knowing she'd just made her newest friends.