Chapter 17

It was the next day, (Y/N) woke up early. She sat up in her 'bed' and looked over at Atreus. He was still asleep soundly in his bed, laying on his back. (Y/N) stood and left the room, making sure the door closed behind her.

Lunda was already up, as she always was, working away in her workshop.

The study's entrance was covered by a thick wall of vines. (Y/N) assumed Freya used vines as a door, as the study had no doors.

Kratos was sat at the table, silent. (Y/N) noticed Mimir wasn't with him, he must've left him in his room. Kratos noticed (Y/N) at the edge of his view as the girl walked past him and over to Lunda.

(Y/N) tensed as she felt his stare on her. Ignoring it as best as she could, she stood by the workshop to talk with Lunda.

"Mornin' (Y/N)!" Lunda said loudly. (Y/N) winced a bit, as she was still waking up. Lunda's loud voice was really something.

"Good morning Lunda." (Y/N) replied. She looked over at what Lunda was working on. "Is that my armor?"

"Yep!" Lunda lifted it slightly so (Y/N) could get a better look. "Just addin' the finishing touches!"

(Y/N) nodded before walking away and towards Atreus's room. Kratos watched as she passed him again and went into the room.

She scavenged through a few small crates in the shelves before pulling out an apple. Atreus's room doubled as the pantry, so there was food and ingredients stocked along the walls.

She sat cross-legged on her 'bed' and took a bite. It was a bit mushy, but it hadn't been preserved, so it was expected. It tasted fine though. (Y/N) continued eating it as her mind thought of random things.

Atreus shuffled slightly, his eyelids twitching. His eyes blinked open slowly as he sat up and rubbed the back of his neck. He turned his head towards (Y/N) as she took the last bite of the apple, holding the core by the stem. "Eating already?" he teased.

"Shut up." (Y/N) retorted, her mouth full. "I was hungry."

Atreus chuckled lightly as he turned his body towards her, still laying down. "What should we do today?" he asked.

(Y/N) swallowed the chewed up apple in her mouth. "What do you mean?" she replied. "I thought we were getting ready for the journey."

"We will." Atreus explained. "But I wanna stick around, just a bit more. Father, Freya, Mimir, I want to make the most of the time I'm spending here." He got up from his bed. "And we also have to tell them about us, don't we?"

(Y/N) stood as well, swinging the apple core. "Alright." she said simply. They left the room to see Freya conversing with Kratos at the table.

"There is something I'd like to do in Midgard." Freya was saying. "Odin and I engraved notice of our marriage into the side of the mountain. If we could, I'd like to go to it and destroy it."

Kratos nodded. "Very well." he grunted.

Atreus and (Y/N) came into view as they walked around the table. Atreus sat while (Y/N) went over to the kitchen and grabbed some bread. She sat down and split it between her and Atreus, handing half to him.

He nodded in thanks and turned to Kratos. "Can we come with you?" he asked before taking a bite of the bread.

Kratos hummed in agreement as he stood up. "Then we will go. Come." Kratos turned towards the door and began making his way over to it.

(Y/N) and Atreus quickly stuffed the bread in their mouths before following, along with Freya. As the group approached the door, Lunda stopped them.

"Hang on ya'll," she chirped as she marched over to them. "I got (Y/N)'s armor ready! Why don't you change before you go?" She grabbed the armor from her work table and held it out to (Y/N).