Chapter 14

(Y/N) started walking ahead. "My camp isn't far."

Atreus walked beside her as they made their way through the forest. 

"(Y/N)." Atreus spoke.

"Yeah?" (Y/N) replied, turning her head.

Atreus paused for a second. "Can we talk about what we said before?" he asked, traces of nervousness in his voice.

They kept walking as they conversed. "Sure." (Y/N) agreed. "What about it?"

"What now?" Atreus wondered. "Are we supposed to do something?"

"Do something..." (Y/N) murmured. She thought for a moment. "Do what exactly?" 

Atreus opened his mouth slightly as if he were to say something. He hesitated before taking (Y/N)'s hand. He couldn't bring himself to look her in the eyes, so he kept his gaze forward.

(Y/N) smiled but said nothing. They walked in silence for a bit until (Y/N) could see her camp ahead.

"Here it is." She walked ahead of Atreus, their hands separating. 

Atreus put his hand on top of the one (Y/N) held. He felt a bit dismayed that the moment didn't last very long.

(Y/N) made her way to her small tent, where a chest resided. She opened the chest and started taking her materials out and putting them in her satchel. 

Atreus stood behind her as he watched. (Y/N) turned her head and looked up at him.

"Hi." she said, a hint of tease in her voice.

Atreus's face felt hot. He smiled strangely before backing away as (Y/N) stood.

"What?" she asked. "You okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." Atreus defended.

(Y/N) nodded and left the tent. Atreus followed. (Y/N) turned to look around the camp.

"Are you gonna leave it all here?" Atreus asked. The camp wasn't much. There was the tent, a log for sitting with a tree stump next to it, and an unlit campfire.

"Yeah. Maybe I'll come back one day." (Y/N) responded. "Since I'll be joining you on your journey." 

"You're coming?" Atreus said hopefully.

"There's nothing else for me." (Y/N) reminded him. 

"You're right." Atreus agreed. "Can I ask you something?"

"Sure." (Y/N) said as she closed her satchel.

"How come you didn't tell me about your parents?"

(Y/N) looked at Atreus for a second before looking forward. "When I found you at your cabin, I was so... happy. I didn't want to ruin it by mentioning something sad. So I lied."

Atreus nodded. "Okay."

(Y/N) smiled. "Thanks for understanding." 

They began leaving the camp. "I suppose we head back to Lunda now, right?" (Y/N) asked.

"I guess so." Atreus replied. "Unless... you wanna stick around?" he added cheerfully.

(Y/N) smirked slightly before running past him. Atreus watched her run by, confused.

She slowed down and turned around, still jogging backwards. "You coming?"

Atreus grinned and ran after her. For a mortal, she was decently fast. Atreus soon caught up to her and reached for her.

He placed his hand on her shoulder. (Y/N) looked at his hand before lifting it and putting it on Atreus's face.

"Hey!" Atreus sputtered.