01 ~ Did you miss us?

Start from the beginning

We'd just finished our light gym session and I was laying on my bed on my phone when the door is opened and someone barges in. 

'MADDI I'M HERE' Kyra announced, showcasing herself in front of me as if she were some kind of prize.

'KYRA.' I squeal returning the same energy while tackling her into a hug, I return to my position laying on the bed where Kyra joins me and we start up a small conversation which doesn't last long when, Charli, Raso and Ellie all come in the room.

'Hey Ras, hey charli.' 

'No hi to your best friend.' Ellie scoffs pretending to be heart broken while taking a seat on the end of my bed along with the others.

'Piss of, I've already seen you today.' She rolls her eyes at me and I laugh.

'Anyways we came here to tell the two of you that everyones at dinner already waiting for the two of you.' hayley adds, the five of us making our way to where we eat. It's pasta for dinner, which has become some kind of tradition for us Matilda's. Everyone's already finished serving themselves and are seated at tables around to room, my eyes wander for a moment before landing on the girl I despised, Samantha May Kerr and I silently thank god that she didn't notice me looking at her. No one really knew why we hated each other so much, but it was no secret we did. Everyone saw the little looks of hatred we occasionally gave each other and how we'd foul each other even more than we would to any other player when we versed, but none of us would try and injure the other as I knew just how important Sam was on our team. To be entirely honest I didn't really know why we hated each other so much, we used to be close when we were kids but I guess things change over time. I serve myself food before taking a seat in the vacant spot next to Ellie. 

Dinner was filled with lively conversation between everyone catching up on all the things we missed in the time away from each other and I realise just how much I've missed these girls. The conversation on my table is cut short after about half an hour when Katrina Gory's kid Harper threw a tantrum and Charli Grant and Katrina took her to bed soon followed by Kyra leaving just me, Raso and Ellie at the table. 'Have you guys read this book yet.' Hayley asks brandishing the book 'Girls Don't Play Sport' by Chloe Dalton and Ellie snatches it from her hands.

'how the fuck did you manage to get this, they didn't sell it anywhere in Lyon.' She says flicking through the pages before turning to the blurb.

'I'm looking next.' I tell the two waiting patiently for Ellie to finish and as soon as she does I take it from her and begin repeating what she just did. After a while someone else sits in a chair at our table but I don't bother looking up already reading the first few pages of the book.

'Shit Raso, you got tall.' the voice said. 'I swear everyone around me makes me look like a midget.' the statement is followed by a sigh.

'everyone except Mini.' Ellie comments causing the table to laugh.

'yeah, and you finally got longer hair, looks better than before.' Hayley answers ignoring Ellie's previous statement.

'who's that over there?' the voice asked and I feel the attention turn to me.

'I think we already know each other Kerr.' I answered and looked up from my book for the first time since she was here with us. I looked her up and down, Hayley was right, her hair did look better than before and it wasn't tied up in her usual ponytail. She got tanner too and attractive in the same type of way, but still an asshole.

'Butcher? No shit, that's you?' Sam said shocked 'didn't know you could look good.'

I didn't answer I just looked at her one last time before I started reading again. She didn't say one bad thing the whole time but the last sentence made me so mad that I could just punch her in the face again. ugh. I hate Sam.

'Oh you're still boring, I guess you didn't change over the time away.' She quickly added before she stood up and began to walk away. 'I'm heading off, see you tomorrow.'

'Idiot.' I said

'Why don't you like her? I mean you could at least try to be her friend. You play for the same national team for christ sake, you can't be enemies with your teammate.' Hayley asks looking down at me since she was taller than me.

'When she starts being less of an asshole, I may think about it.' I smiled at Hayley, I know that she hates it because we were both her friends and she wanted us to come along. Hayley always said it was annoying when some of the girls would be doing something and me and Sam would always be off fighting.

'I'm going to bed, see you guys in the morning.' I say, standing up and giving them both hugs before heading off to bed.

a/n

this really isn't very good but its been in my drafts since the start of the world cup and i thought id finally get round to updating. thanks fr reading tho