10th String

(Y/n) and Ushijima seated themselves on the bench under the shade. Ushijima handed the crepes to her. Her eyes glittering showing just how exited she was. They ate their crepes happily. Silently enjoying the food in front of them.

"Hey, may I know your name?" ushijima broke the silence.

"I think we haven't introduce ourselves properly to each other, have we?" She said. "My name is Osaki (Y/n), everyone calls me (Y/n) so feel free to call me that too."

"(Y/n).. Hm.. Can I call you mine?" Ushijima's words made (Y/n)'s eyes wide open in disbelief. She thought someone must be play prank on him.

"I.. don't know." She curled her lips flat.

"You don't look okay, (Y/n). Did I say it wrong? I heard that's what people say to their new friends?" Ushijima frowning, stroking his chin. He looked confused because she didn't react like he thought she would.

"Who told you that, Ushijima-san?" She asked, squinting her eyes.

"My friend, Tendou." Ushijima explicated.

"I think he played prank on you, Ushijima-san"

"Really? But wait, how do you know my name?" Ushijima asked.

"Well, I mean, you are pretty famous." She continued, "I.. haven't properly thank you for the other day, Ushijima-san. Thank you for saving me. I was.. not in my right mind, you see,"

Honestly, Ushijima still haven't forgot her condition at that time. He knew that that incident was out of his league so he ruffled her hair. All he could do was giving her a reassuring smile.

"I'm so glad to see you doing good." He blurted.

She smiled, allowing him to experience his heart fluttering. Just to see her smiling face, his bloodstream rushed through his whole body uncontrollably made his face blushed a bit. He was grateful that she didn't notice his slightly red face since all she payed attention for is her crepes.

After they done eating, they carry on their walk. They had little chit chats along the way.

"Do you familiar with this area, Ushijima-san? I'm afraid we are gonna be lost cause I'm not usually walk home." She explained.

"Fortunately I am, my father's house used to be around here." He answered.

"Thank god. We're saved, then." She relieved.

"Aren't you live here?" Ushijima questioned, confused about the situation.

"I'm new here, and I usually commute by train with Shõyo." Hearing her said that made Ushijima slightly startled.

"Hinata Shõyo?" He said.

"Yeah" She nodded.

"You two are pretty close, I see." His voice sounded low, kinda sad.

"You think so? He's a great cousin for me." She brightly stated. Hearing the word 'cousin' Ushijima weirdly relieved. That single word really liven him up. Ushijima smiled and ruffled her hair in response.

After a while, they arrived at her house. They enjoy the silent moments for a while before Ushijima send her home. (Y/n) said thankyou for sending her home and the crepes.

"See you again, (Y/n)." Ushijima finally said those words. He actually wanted to ask for her number but he falter.

"See you again, Ushijima-san." She turned around, just about to walked towards her house until she heard Ushijima said, "Wait! Um.. Do you mind if I call you sometimes?"

Deep inside, she actually waited for him to ask her that. She smiled, took out her phone.

"No," she gave her phone to Ushijima for him to write his number down. "Do you mind?"