8th String

"Wakatoshi-kun, what did she call you for?" Tendou immediately asked right after Ushijima seated himself on his seat.

"I'm.. going on a date." Ushijima concluded the earlier conversation. He really thought that's a good inference.

Tendou looked shocked. He glimpsed, right to left. Made sure no one could hear. He moved his hand near his mouth and wishpered to Ushijima.

"Do you have a kink for strict and older women?" Tendou asked.

"No. What do you mean?" Ushijima responded confused.

"You said you're going on a date with Osaki-sensei." Tendou wishpered in the same position.

"No, I don't." Ushijima responded.

"Eh? What do you mean?" Tendou confused.

"I'm going to meet that girl." Ushijima answered.

"Who?"

"The girl from before. We are going to meet." Ushijima explained.

Tendou touched his chin indicating he's thinking hard. He tried to recall, who is this girl Ushijima might talk about.

"Ooo.. that Karasuno no. 10's?" Ushijima frowned didn't like how Tendou address her.

"She's maybe not his girlfriend" He defended.

"Ohh so she is single?" Tendou questioned.

"Probably," Ushijima countered.

"Huh? Wait, how do you know?" Tendou still trying to connect the thread.

"Hm? Oh. Her mother already gave me approval to date her." Ushijima sounded a little bit more livelier than usual.

"Her mother? Who?"

"Osaki-sensei."

...- /silent moment/

"Wakatoshi-kun! You should say that from the start! That's the whole point!" Tendou screamed in frustration.

"Oh. Yeah, okay."

Tendou still managed his thoughts. Now everything make sense. Ushijima should just say that from the start.

"So, Wakatoshi-kun, what's your plan? You have to be prepared on your first date. You brought her gift. You wear nice clothes. You take her somewhere nice. Talking about things that girl comfortable with. You should go all out but never too much." Tendou gave him advice.

"I see. It's like you do a jump serve. It makes sense." Ushijima trying to get his thoughts out but that just made Tendou more confused.

"Why jump serve all of the sudden?" Tendou seek for answers.

"Cause you should go all out but never too much."

...- /silent moment/
.

[Thursday - afternoon]
..

At Karasuno

"Hey, (Y/n)-san! You going to the gym after this?" Haruhi, the boy who sits in front of her asked.

"Yup, I'm watching volleyball team practice." (Y/n) replied excitedly with a smile.

"(Y/n)-san, do you like basketball? Our team is going to have a practice match this evening. Is it possible for you to.. em.. root for me? I'm a starting player, so.." Haruhi invited her to watch his game play.

Haruhi nervously playing with his fingers. His face was bright red. He asked her before about her having a boyfriend or not and she said she's single. Haruhi often asked her out and almost never got accepted.