"Nahi toh.... kis ny ana hai?" Aliya answered blankly.

"Oho mama, apko yaad nahi? Miss ayein thein aaj" Meenay added.

"Miss kon?" Salar questioned.

"Mehrunissa ki baat ho rahi hai, she's Meenay's home tutor for Pakistan Studies and Islamiyat" Aliya smiled.

"Hmmm..." Salar continued eating.

"Tum milay ho uss sy" Aliya asked. Both the mother and daughter were staring at him, hoping for an answer.

"Hmm kuch khaas nahi....Mila tha, Jab woh jaa rahi thi" Salar said as if he was unbothered.

"Phir kaise lagi tumhein woh?" Aliya asked with a spark in her eyes.

"Kia matlab kaise lagi?....Sahi thi, achi thi, jaise honi chahyay thi waisay he thi" Salar said as he took another bite.

"Ohooo Bhai....You liked her.... Didn't you?" Meenay teased him.

"Mein ny yeh kab kaha hai?... I don't even know her let alone like her" Salar addressed Meenay.

"Bhai please.... It's written all over your face....Something happened... haina? " Meenay was no where close to backing out.

"Meenay bohat bolny lag gaye ho, khana khao chup kar keh" Salar advised her.

"Tum kaho toh baat karoun Shahista sy mein" Aliya referred Salar.

"Maa.... I'm not interested in her.... Agar kuch howa toh I'll tell you.... I promise" Salar assured his mother.

"Iss sy achi larki tumhein kahein mily gi nahi.... I know her quite much.... warna tumhein kabhi na kehti.... agay dekh lo tum" Aliya assured him.

"Dekhna he toh chahta hun mein bhi" Salar said under his breath as he finished his dinner.

--------------------------------

Present Day:

That night, Salar couldn't sleep at all. He kept imagining Mehru's face, her soft wrist, her shinny eyes. He really didn't know much about her, but deep down he knew that she wasn't an ordinary girl. Even after planning a trip to Hunza, he thought this might be a good distraction but his heart still raced towards her. Unknowingly, she ruled his heart and mind.

He couldn't let her go.

"I should try harder, maybe that's what she wants" Salar said to himself as he closed his eyes.

--------------------------------

The next day Mehru still contemplated whether to go today or not until when she received a text from Meenay.

"Miss I sincerely apologize for all the inconvenience that was caused to you yesterday. I really need you to teach me because my grades have improved massively. I assure you that Bhai won't even be close to you. You have my words. Hope to see you today"- Meenay's text.

Mehru shut her phone screen and stared at the roof. She had promised Meenay for her sincere work. She couldn't ditch her like this. Not over a man. Plus it's only about time, after a month Meenay's syllabus would be completed so all of it would finally be over. She made up her mind to continue her sessions with Meenay.

--------------------------------

Meenay was true to her words. Salar and Mehru never met once in that whole month. Neither Aliya nor Meenay ever mentioned him. Mehru was curious as she didn't see him. She thought he must have gone back to London. She silently ached for him. She wanted to see him again. Daily she went with a minor hope that he might be there in the lounge with Meenay but daily she only found Meenay and her books.

--------------------------------

"Sahi he socha tha mein ny, ghaas nhi dali, toh chala gia hoga kisi aur keh pas" Mehru mumbled while heading back to her house.

"Kuch bola tum ny?" Affan asked her.

"Nahi kuch bhi nahi kaha" Mehru said instantly.

"Chalo khana khatay hain aaj bahir, my treat" Affan said. "Waisay toh treat tumhein deni chahyay kiyoun keh bari dutiyan di hain mein ny tumhari, laikin chalo kia yaad karo gi tum bhi" Affan taunted jokingly.

"Kisi aur din chalty hain, abhi ghar chalo" Mehru insisted.

"Sorry bhai yeh toh nahi honay wala. Hum aaj he jayein gy, tum mera mood na kharab karo plus it was your last day of your tuitions, you should celebrate" Affan replied. "Acha suno, call Momina as well, tum bethar feel karo gi".

"Yeh tum Momina ko mere liyay bulana chahtay ho yah apny liyay?" Mehru asked suspiciously.

"Oho tumhary liyay Jolie" Affan giggled.

"Sab pata hai mujhe.... Such a flirt you are.... Sharam toh nahi ati" Mehru mocked him.

"Oye flirt kis ko keh rahi ho?.... Momina ka scene alag hai.... I really do like her" Affan said shyly.

Mehru studied his face, he wasn't joking.

"Then prove it to her that you deserve her" Mehru said sternly.

"Wohi toh karny ki koshish kar raha hun, bas tumhari madad chahyay" Affan begged Mehru for her help.

"Tum insaan buray nahi ho.... I trust you too.... If Momina is in then so am I.... infact mujhe toh bari khushi honi hai agar woh meri bhabi ban jaye kiyoun keh phir bete tum toh gaye" Mehro laughed saying this.

"Acha chup karo..... ab mujhe sharam arahi hai" Affan blushed.

"Choti bachi ho kya?" Mehru countered and both laughed.

( Promise next part will have more of Mehru and Salar together, stay with me ;)  )