Chapter 23 - Frenemies

Start from the beginning

“You had a bug in there.” He said with a laugh. “Sorry.”

“At least you got it out though.” She said with a shrug. “See you tomorrow morning?”

With a slight smile and a nod he was then gone, heading to his class as Giselle walked into the building. She couldn’t help but feel relieved, Jonah felt like a brother to her and she didn’t enjoy being mad at him. She took a seat at her usual seat and watched Ms. Ambrosia begin her lesson thinking that things were falling into place how they should be.

*LATER*

I don’t understand why this school gives hot food during lunch just because winter is approaching.  Isaac thought to himself. It’s repulsive, what’s so great about food being on the stove for so long until it’s practically burned.

Isaac stopped his thoughts when he realized his arch nemesis approaching his table. Just being Isaac meant sitting alone didn’t mean he felt lonely, he enjoyed sitting alone at a table during his lunch break and not being bothered by warlocks with nothing better to do. He felt himself go tense with seriousness as he sat up straight. Slowly he pushed the spaghetti he had gotten forward and watched Jonah take a seat across from him.

“What’s up snow man?” Jonah said with a smirk. “You look cold as ever,”

Isaac didn’t respond, instead gave him a cold glare.

“Earth to popsicle?” Jonah continued. “Cold got your tongue?”

“Ignorance has seemed to poison your brain.” Isaac responded. “State your reason for interrupting my busy lunch.”

“Busy?” Jonah let out a sarcastic laugh. “Dude, you’re sitting here alone looking type lonely.”

“You’re sitting there looking dimwitted and unknowledgeable.”

“Ouch.”

“You should find something better to do warlock, I would hate to have to hurt you.”

“That’s a lie; you wish you could turn me into ice cream cone or something.” 

Isaac stood silent staring into the distance feeling annoyed yet patient and serious. He knew his abilities and one snap of anger would end Jonah’s life forever, he was far too advanced in most of his classes to even worry about a battle with the warlock.

“Okay fine.” Jonah said with a sigh. “I’m here for a truce; I realized turning you into a snake yesterday was wrong of me and immature.”

Isaac locked eyes with him not believing one word.

“Seriously, Giselle and I are good friends and I don’t want to lose her because of you.”

Isaac’s eyes remained intense and forceful but one of his eyes brows arched, light amusement leaking from his voice. “Interesting.”

“Yeah, very.” Jonah muttered before standing up. He stuck out his hands hoping Isaac would shake it. “Truce?”

Isaac stared while shaking his head. “I’m not touching your hand warlock.”

“Fine.” Jonah muttered his eyes locking with Isaac’s shoulder, a small piece of hair resting there on his black cloak. With an awkward yet quick motion he plucked the piece of hair off of Isaac’s jacket. “Had a little something there, wouldn’t want you walking around with lack of grooming.” 

Isaac stared at him hoping he would leave rather sooner than later. Blinking discomforted and nodding Jonah dispersed heading out the food court with a sigh. How lucky he had gotten to now have both strands of hair he needed. As soon as he was a yard away from the food court he took out a small container from his pocket allowing the dark piece of hair to fall into it and glide next to Giselle’s reddish brown lock. Feeling pleased he closed the container and put into his bag not feeling any type of guilt whatsoever.