Episode 32: Strive Together

2005:

    "If I defeat you, I take over Black Dragon!" Takemichi announced.

    He can't actually be serious. Saying that just pissed Taiju off even more. His fist collided with the blonde's face, causing him to stumble back. He wouldn't give up. He ran back to Taiju, before getting knocked back again, more blood dripping from his mouth.

    "I'm not through yet!"

    Takemichi once again ran to the blue and white-haired man, only to receive another punch to his gut. Bashed over the head with his elbow and kicked backwards, Taiju did not let up on his assault.

"Takemichi, you have to stop this!" Hakkai still stood back in shock, not attempting to save his friend.

"I'm not... I'm not done," he tiredly breathed.

He couldn't even run, he just slowly lugged himself back into danger.

"Takemichi this isn't going to change anything, damnit!" Hakkai roared.

The blonde yelled out in agony again, taking another hit. This time he landed on the floor, just beneath Hakkai's feet.

"Hakkai," he muttered, standing back up and walking over to Taiju. "You're the one who can't change."

Takemichi limped over to our enemy, throwing punches into the air. Taiju mercilessly punched him again and again as a result. Another uppercut to the jaw threw him backwards. How the hell is he still standing?

"Just give it up, Takemichi!" Chifuyu yelled, still laying on the ground. "You're gonna get yourself killed!"

Ignoring his vice-captain, he still went for it again, the two males punching each other simultaneously. Holy shit, Takemichi actually left a mark!

Taiju regained his composure, smiling. "If that was a punch, I didn't feel it!"

Damn it, I thought Takemichi was making some progress wearing him down. My thoughts abruptly stopped when Taiju fell to his knees.

"What the hell, Taiju!" Inui gasped.

"No way!" Koko murmured in shock.

"I'm not through yet!" Takemichi stood back up, ready to finish this fight.

"Takemichi, you know this is useless," Hakkai muttered.

"As long as there's a chance that I can change the future, then it's worth risking my life! Don't ya think?" Takemichi panted. "Hakkai, fighting your heart isn't painful. What's really painful is knowing you're alone, but you're not alone now, Hakkai. You know, we're friends now, and you can always talk to me."

The blue haired boy teared up, falling to his knees.

"Takemichi!" he cried out. "I'm not even worthy of having you for a friend!"

Taiju attempted to stand up again but sank back down.

"You see, Toman captains are pretty badass after all," Mitsuya smirked, sitting back up.

"No shit, so awesome," Katsume marveled, regaining her balance.

"He really is reckless," I smiled, my spotty vision finally disappearing.

"Will you help me then, Takemichi?" Hakkai cried. "I'm desperate!"

"Of course I will, my friend."

    Taiju quickly regained his strength, standing back up.

    "And I'll start right now!" Takemichi continued. "You know that person you'll protect? You've looked out for Yuzuha all your life, but now you don't have to anymore. I'll protect her from now on."