Episode 3: Resolve

2005:

*Vroom vroom vroom* Mikey and Draken revved the engines of their motorbikes as they sped down the street.

"Where are we going this time?" I whined as I held on tight to Mikey. The way he was swerving made me feel as if I were about to fall off.

"Some assholes thought that they could run a fight club without our permission," Draken growled.

"I'm guessing that there's also gambling involved," I blurted.

Draken nodded his head, still focusing on the road.

"I'd rather not have them ruin the reputation of Toman," Mikey jumped in. "It's also pretty stupid anyways."

"Yeah," I agreed.

It's all fun and games until someone who was forced to be involved gets seriously injured. The Tokyo Manji Gang was created in order to establish a new era for delinquents. It was quite obvious that fight clubs were not in Mikey's vision of this new era.

We arrived at the school and slowly made our way over to the area that a lower ranking Toman member reported to us earlier.  I peered over the stairs to see Kiyomasa standing near a brutally beaten blonde. Is that Takemichi? As Mikey, Draken, and I walked closer, I could hear their conversation.

"I have a reason why I can't," he yelled. "I can't turn back, so listen, Kiyomasa of the Tokyo Manji Gang. If you want to put an end to this and win this fight, then you're going to have to kill me now."

I can't argue that kid has some guts. I don't think that Kiyomasa would be stupid enough to continue this fight. I was wrong.

"Go get me my bat!" Kiyomasa growled.

Oh no! We better step in. It would definitely look bad for Toman if one of our members committed murder. Hina would also be pretty sad if Takemichi suddenly croaked.

"If he wants to die, then I'll grant his wish," he continued.

The crowd started to mutter, chattering about how this was supposed to be a fist fight. It's very cowardly of him to use a bat on a boy who was trying to stick up for himself.

"Hurry it up dammit," Kiyomasa yelled again.

"Hey, Kiyomasa," Draken greeted. "You're scaring the crowd."

Draken started to walk up to him with me and Mikey trailing behind. Not gonna lie, I wouldn't be surprised if Kiyomasa pissed his pants by now.

"Calm down," Draken continued. "Dumbass."

People in the crowd kept muttering about Draken. They should be scared; he is a vice-commander after all.

Breaking the silence, Mikey took a bite of his snack and spoke. "Hey there Kenny."

"Huh," Draken replied, not realizing we were directly behind him. "Stop calling me that, at least not when we're out in public."

"But we're all out of dorayaki," he pouted.

"Are you kidding me?" I exclaimed. "We just bought some not even 10 minutes ago!"

"I ate it all," he laughed.

I mentally facepalmed at this. In the background I could hear a small group muttering various things around us.

"Who the hell is that guy?"

"That girl is really pretty."

"Do those two even know where they are?"

Everyone, excluding the small group muttering, all bowed in respect. They all turned around in confusion, most likely not realizing who Mikey was.