Episode 31: Sibling Rivalry

Start from the beginning

"Kisaki hit me over the head when I wasn't paying attention and I ended up getting tied up too," I admitted.

"We were lucky that Mitsuya rushed over and cut us loose," Katsume smiled.

"Mitsuya did?" Takemichi exclaimed. "But wait, how did Mitsuya know to come here?"

"I called him earlier," I revealed. "I had a feeling Kisaki was lying to us."

"I should've known," Takemichi frowned, clearly uneasy. "But then, wouldn't fighting break the truce?"

"No, not really, the truce has nothing to do with us," Chifuyu explained. "Don't forget our main objective, we need to remove Black Dragon from Toman's future."

"Yeah, but still-"

"Mitsuya's the one who made the truce," Katsume added. "If he breaks it, everyone will understand."

The commotion behind us ceased, as Mitsuya dropped to his knees.

"Stop, that's enough!" Hakkai yelled, pale as a ghost.

The silver haired boy panted heavily, while Taiju stood tall in front of him.

"What's wrong, Mitsuya?" he taunted. "You're down on your knees already and I'm only fighting at seventy percent!"

"Nah," Mitsuya smirked, standing back up. "I guess maybe you think you're winning, but I was just fixing a strap on my boot."

A vein popped on Taiju's cheek. That sure pissed him off.

"Give it up Taka!" Hakkai yelled to his friend. "It's useless, you'll never win against Taiju!"

Ignoring him, Mitsuya re-entered the fight, with another right hook. His punches were weak compared to Taiju's. Every punch landed on him drew more blood each and every time.

"Taka don't! This is insane!" Hakkai helplessly yelled out again. "You're just gonna get yourself killed!"

Mitsuya ignored him, taking another barrage of punches from Taiju. He did stop momentarily to spit out some blood. I want to intervene, but that would just be an insult to my friend. Mitsuya wouldn't give up. He's a strong person, but not even he could stand alone against that pathetic excuse of an older brother.

"Stop Taka, what's the use! He's got every advantage over you; you can't possibly win! You made your point, now quit before it's too late!"

"Shut up for a second, Hakkai!" Chifuyu shouted. "Look at what he's doing. He's refusing to give up, because he knows you're watching."

"Mitsuya is no fool and he's well aware of the risks," I added. "He's already calculated how far he can take this."

"He's doing all of this for you, genius," Katsume revealed.

"Mitsuya's not gonna lose this," Takemichi claimed.

"You're right, there's no way he's going to."

"You're tough, I'll give you that," Taiju panted. "But I'm tired of this bullshit! I think it's time to finish you off."

"Alright, take him out!"

None of us noticed the blonde with a scar behind Mitsuya, until it was too late. He swung a metal pipe at his head, sending him flying. The rest of us gasped in shock. We should've known better than to trust that Black Dragon informant. Mitsuya was out cold, laying in the aisle. Hakkai ran up to him, calling out his name.

"So, you guys," the guy I remembered to be Koko sneered. "What do you think of my information? Worth the hundred grand you spent, right?"

If those two are here, then it would be right to assume that the church is surrounded by Black Dragon. Shit, things couldn't have gone worse.