Chapter Nineteen.

Start from the beginning

"We're fine, Dom, I ain't moving," my dad muttered under his breath.

Dom frowns, "with all due respect, Carmelo, I wasn't talking to you, I was talking to -"

"Me," I growled. "You honestly believe just because your back everything's gonna go back to normal? That you're gonna be back on top, in charge, boss again?"

He shakes his head, "of course not, it's out of habit, Isaac, I-"

"Beanie, drive!" I exclaim, smacking my hand on the back of his seat.

"Yes sir.. Warehouse still?"

I shake my head and look in my dads direction, "home," I respond.

My dads lips slightly tug to the side as he snorts softly to himself.

"What?" I grumble.

He shakes his head, "it exudes you."

"The hell are you talking about?"

"Power," he says. "It really does suit you son. Seeing you in charge, being in command, being the boss ," he smiles. "It's damn near amazing."

"I'm sorry, am I supposed to be thankful here? Being in awe because you're proud? Because I suddenly have your approval, your blessing?"

"No," he says quietly, "I'm just saying-"

"How about you shut the fuck for the rest of the car ride, hm?" I retorted.

Surprisingly he stays quiet and is turning to look away from me but it only lasts for so long, he's opening his mouth again five minutes later and I'm threatening to leave him in the middle of the street if I hear his voice one more time.

Again, silence only last for so long before Pops is asking another twenty one questions and I'm really debating whether I wanna stick my pistol in my mouth to take me out of this fucking misery.

I ignore everyone of his questions deciding to give him the silent treatment, praying to baby Jesus that he'll take the hint and shut the fuck up for once and instantly wanna kill Dominic when he begins to answer him.

I'm instantly flying out of the truck once we're parked in our driveway, the air already immediately feeling lighter.

"Hey," Beans places a hand on my left shoulder blade. "We'll stay out here, give you guys your privacy, lord knows your moms gonna blow the roof off of this place.

I shake my head looking behind me to find Dominic standing near my father as they slowly begin to make their way in our direction.

I don't blame Dominic for sticking by my fathers side, his long time best friend just resurfaced from the dead. He's a lot less petty than I am, he'll hear him out, he'll feed into my fathers bullshit, he'll forgive him.

I shake my head and stick my hand in the back of my slacks and pull my gun out handing it over to Beanie, "I need someone in there that I can trust. I need someone there for me when my mom begins to lose her shit and I get triggered. I need someone that I can still believe in because I genuinely don't trust myself right now."

Beans nods his head and is taking my pistol into his hand. I watch him release the mag from my gun and is quickly shoving it into his pocket and is clearing it a second later, the live round that was in it flying onto the floor.

He hands the unloaded weapon back to me, "I'm with you all the way kid."

I nod, "Hailey-"

"I know, keep her at a good distance if anything goes down."

I nod for a second time and inhale a deep breath, "let's get this over with."

"After you," Beanie waves a hand towards the front door and my feet are quickly moving in that direction. I don't bother looking back to see if my fathers following me behind, I know he's there.