Chapter 2: Going Home

Courtney

Courtney

Ivan was sitting on one of the sofas in the lobby, sipping coffee when he noticed us approaching. He waved at us and shouted, "Cindy, Courtney, over here!", Cindy frowned at him.

We walked towards him, and Cindy shot him a glare, "Why did you come here?", Cindy asked in frustration before sitting on the opposite sofa, and so did I.

"Well, you know, for the past 18 years, my pretty sister asked me a favor for the first time in the history", Ivan replied, waving a hand to the waiter and instructing him to serve two more coffee.

"Shut up", Cindy annoyingly said and began looking back at the hallway we had walked through. "Seriously, why did you come here? I just asked you to fetch us tomorrow and drove us back home"

"Little sister, have some coffee first. Here comes the coffee. You can go now", Ivan dismissed the waiter, and he placed each coffee in front of us.

"Oh my gosh, Ivan, just answer my question. Don't tell me, you are here because of Jamie. Oh, please no", Cindy gasped, and I look at Ivan, unable to answer Cindy for a moment.

Then, out of nowhere, a slipper hit Ivan on the head, and I was so shocked that I almost dropped the coffee I was holding. I quickly looked back and saw Jamie, one slipper missing from her other foot.

Ivan, hit by a slipper, was momentarily stunned before standing and running to hide behind the sofa when he saw Jamie take her other slipper to attempt another throw, but she stopped midway, "You bastard, come here!", Jamie shouted, walking towards him with her slipper in her hand.

"Jamie, calm down", Ivan said, hiding behind the sofa,

"Calm down! Oh yes, I'll calm down after I murder you jerk", Jamie ran towards Ivan, but he was more agile, and he ran to the other side.

We just watched them, running and chasing in the lobby, as if it's weren't our business, pretending to sip our coffee. "Are we not going to stop them?", I asked to Cindy, and she only gave me shrug.

"I'll admit, they are kinda fun to watch", Cindy replied, and I nodded in agreement, "But how long?",