".. i'm fully aware of that!"

"groot, down! c'mon!" cassandra tried to calm groot down, while peter tried to settle the ani-men. "groot! get down here now!" she shouted, and groot sighed before shrinking himself back to his original height.

"i am groot." sorry.

cassandra sighed. "you're fine, groot."

the woman's house smelled kind of familiar- something vanilla and something nostalgic, something cassandra knows she has never actually experienced herself, but the smell is so strong it makes her tear up as she walked in the house. the woman led them through a small hallway to a dining room, with a table in the middle which she gestured to.

"she wants us to sit?" cassandra hummed.
"yeah. sit. let's sit." peter confirmed, taking a seat, and cassandra tried to follow, but hesitated a little, feeling uncomfortable just sitting in someone's house, for some reason.

cassandra tapped her fingertips at the oak table, trying to calm herself, but her dad reached forward and squeezed her hand. "stop that. impolite."

"its impolite to put my fingers on the-"

"yes." the sofa sunk beneath drax as he laid on it and sprawled across it like he owned the place, which groot immediately protested. "i am groot." stop that. it's rude.

"it's not rude. it's what it's here for."

"drax, sit up!" nebula huffed under her breath. ".. idiot."

peter looked up at the woman. "thank you." which the woman bowed slightly and repeated in her own language. her husband came over and set glasses infront of each of them. cassandra smiled at him, and peter thanked him.

peter looked over at her. "our friend.. he's dying." just that sequence of words, our friend is dying, made cassandra's drink look absolutely nauseating. nebula, of course, showed a projection of rocket's body, which made cassandra push away her glass slightly. her stomach wasn't settled with the idea of eating or drinking anything.

".. we love our friend, but he is dying."

mantis stuck her tongue and made what was supposed to be a dying noise. "that's not dying, that's already dead." nebula muttered. "they'll think he's already dead."

"they'll think we're here on a quest of revenge." drax, still laying down, stated.

"drax, sit up." nebula huffed.

"that's what it's here for!"
"drax, it isn't. it's made for people to sit shoulder to shoulder, right next to eachother- get your boot off her pillows!"

"i find it hard to believe it doesn't have multiple purposes!" drax argued as he struggled himself back up.

"i'm sorry. my friend.. is a dumbass."

mantis made another face, which looked the same as her dying face. "that's the same as you dying!" nebula pointed that out.

"why do you criticize everything!?"

"well, why is it oblong then?"

"it was a totally different sound!"

"uh, no it wasn't." nebula made the face. "dying." she made the exact same face, just slightly different sound. "dumbass. see? it's the same."

"our friend is literally dying, by the way." cassandra reminded them, wanting to stay on track.

"thank you, cass. can i proceed, please, to try to save our friend?" drax began to lay back down, and peter quickly looked over at him. "drax, i see you!"