𝟎𝟎𝟒.

"attention, idiots

"attention, idiots. the lunatic on top of this craft is holding a hadron enforcer. it's a weapon of my own design." cassandra glanced up at the roof, knowing drax was standing on the roof with a good possibility of getting himself killed. "if you don't hand over our companions now, he's gonna tear your ship a new one. a very big new one!"

cassandra giggled softly. "i'm giving you to the count of five. five, four, three..."

"no! stop! rocket, it's me, for god sakes! we figured it out! we're fine!" her dad's voice suddenly erupted from the ship, and cassandra suddenly felt much more relaxed knowing he was okay, even though she knew that yondu was totally soft on him and probably wouldn't do anything.

"oh, hey, quill. what's going on?"

"you call that "figured it out"? we're gonna rob the guys who just beat us senseless." rocket huffed once peter was done explaining the compromise he and gamora had made with the ravagers.

"oh, you want to talk about senseless? how about trying to save us by blowing us up? why'd you let them do that?" he glanced at cassandra. she shrugged her shoulders, not sure of what response peter wants her to give. "i thought you were dead anyway."

"and your immediate action from thinking your dad is dead is to.. blow up a ship?"

"i am groot."

"they are ungrateful, and she was pissed at you, quill. you should've seen her. she was beating the shit out of that pod."

".. you were?"

"okay, i wasn't beating the shit out of the pod, i kicked it, like, twice." she shrugged her shoulders sheepishly, thinking that was what he was talking about and not the fact that she was 'pissed' at him

peter sighed. "okay, and how on earth were they gonna turn us over when you only gave them to the count of five?"

"well we didn't have time to work out the minutiae of the plan. this is what we get for acting altruistically!" rocket's paws raised in the air in self-defense.

"what's important now is we get the ravagers' army to help us save xandar." gamora stated, arms crossed. "so we can give the stone to yondu who's just gonna sell to somebody even worse?"

"we'll figure that part out later." peter waved it away, and cassandra tentatively nodded. "we have to stop ronan."

"how are we gonna do that?" cassandra asked softly, crossing her arms over her chest.

"i have a plan."

".. dad, you have a plan?" cassandra's brows raised. "yes." peter nodded. "i promise i have a plan."

"first of all, you're copying me from when i said i had a plan."

"what? no, i'm not. people say that all the time, it's not that unique of a thing to say." peter shook his head, and cassandra stifled a laugh.