𝟎𝟎𝟏.

2014

2014.

cassandra sat down in the cockpit of the milano, drinking a water.the milano overlooked the sky of morag, a dull, gray abandoned planet that just made cassandra feel melancholy, but there was nothing else to really do, so she stuck to feeling melancholy as she thought of what once was on this planet. she thought about her dad, peter quill, who was on the planet searching for some orb. he didn't tell her much about if, cassandra assumes it's 'cause he doesn't know much about it himself.

she took a long sip of her water, and she jumped when she heard a door in the ship open. " uhm.. hello?" a feminine voice called out. cassandra sighed, realizing it was a girl her dad had hooked up with. she got up and walked over.

" hi." she greeted. "i'm peter's daughter. uhm.. he should be back in a minute, uh..?" she gestured, not sure of the woman's name.

"bereet." the woman clarified. " peter said something about you. i assumed you were older."

" i've gotten that before." cassandra gave bereet a tight-lipped smile. ".. want a water?"

" uhm," bereet hummed, pushing her messy hair back. "i'm just gonna go back to sleep for a couple minutes."

" okay." cassandra nodded slowly before turning on her heel and awkwardly walking back towards the cockpit.

-

" drop it!"

peter sighed, quickly shutting off his walkman and turning to face whoever was at the doorway.

".. hey." he mumbled lowly. cassandra was going to be pissed. "drop it, now!"

"yeah, okay. no problem, dude." peter nodded, dropping the orb, which falls to the ground with a loud clang. two henchmen kept him at gun-point, forcing him forward.

"how did you know about this!?" the gun gestured to the orb on the ground.

"i don't even know what that is, man. i'm just a junker." peter insisted, hands in the air. "youre not a junker. you're wearing ravager garb." his eyes narrowed at peter accusingly.

"this is just an outfit- hey, ninja turtle. stop poking me." peter glanced back at the henchman. "what is your name!?"

"my name's peter quill! chill out!"

"move!"

"why? i can't-"

"ronan may have questions for you." He turned on his heel and started leading peter and the henchmen out.

" hey," peter grinned. "there's another name you might know me by.. star lord."

".. who?"

"star lord? legendary outlaw? c'mon." cassandra was painfully correct when she said the name star‐lord was never gonna land, because this guy just shrugs his shoulders, brows furrowed in confusion.